McKesson

www.mckesson.com

Great team, disorganized company

IT Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsWorking in the IT field allows you to interact with many different groups and see what works and what doesn't. My IT team was well organized and very team oriented. Manager was focused on customer service and trying to do what was best for the group as well as company.

ConsDisorganization among other divisions and units leads to overruns on projects which obviously leads to projects that go over budget. the office i worked in was one division and had 4 different groups. Those groups may as well have not known one another given that amount of overall difference in management and performance. Such a stark contrast in management in one location was not unusual. You may have a good team but once you step out and work with a different group, prepare to become frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementSetting some standards among management and how they are to engage the daily tasks, become more customer service oriented. Such a big company, some acknowledgement for the employees would nice.

Sales

Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: McKesson is a great company to work for. They are interested in continuing education and giving employees every opportunity… Cons: There is a tendency to promote male over female although this is very much an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

never has there been so much politics over progress

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits are some of the best with 28 days of… Cons: politics, brown nosing, seeing people who clearly are not qualified… Advice to Senior Management: Start promoting within, some of us completed the lead the way certification and was told from new management who has no idea what this was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McKesson.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!