McKesson

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

great place to work

Former Employee - Medical Coder in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Medical Coder in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than a year)

Pros

flex time was great, could start day anywhere between 6-9 am, could take up too an hour lunch, if you had to leave for an appointment, you could punch out and come back to finish your 8 hour shift. Great benefits

Cons

mandatory overtime, which is good money but working 10-12 hour days, sometimes 5 or more in a row can wear on you

637 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

Great work atmosphere with growth opportunities

Former Intern - Marketing Development Intern in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Intern - Marketing Development Intern in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and good work environment. A lot of project based work with opportunities to impress. Treated interns well and showed their investment in us.

Cons

No big downsides. A competitive environment which can cause some stress.

Decent job, pays well

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with fun and helpful people makes great team work and I have a lot of that within the warehouse. I made some very important friendships and have great mentors. My boss gives me job independence as much as possible. Also, lets me use my own creativity and supports me in making and completing my own projects.
    You can make decent money without needing a college degree. They are pretty good about working with school schedules so working in the warehouse helps in obtaining an education. If you want to learn a different job or are curious, just ask. The supervisors are usually willing to help and switch you around to learn different jobs. Show them you are a good worker and they are always willing to give you a chance.

Cons

No chance for growth in my current job position, will have to transfer to a different job for better opportunities. There isn't enough positions within the warehouse to move to a higher job scale so you would have to learn as much as you can and either transfer or find a different job. Steer clear of the negativity, it can be very discouraging and there is a lot of it. My co-workers I work with directly can be difficult and it makes it harder to try to be a team which makes it a difficult working situation.
    Sometimes the shift can be exhausting and difficult, hours change all the time as well as working overtime. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your life situation.

Respect your hardworking employees regardless of how you feel about them. Give them advice instead of always acting on something in a negative way. Encouragement and constructive criticism go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson