Issues at McKesson

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Senior Architect in Westminster, CO

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly flexible in work hours and time off. The benefits are passible, but not great. Co-workers tend to be dedicated people by and large, and are often enjoyable to work with and socialize with. Pay is decent for the various jobs in tech.

Cons

Ideas are driven from the top down, and in a tech division, that will be their downfall unless they change the way they are doing things quickly. Too many competing products to be effective, just pick one area and concentrate on it until you do it well. They too often they purchase new companies instead of innovating on their own.

Advice to Management

Listen to the experts you have hired to accomplish a task, and step out of the way.

reviews filtered by

Decent job, pays well

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working with fun and helpful people makes great team work and I have a lot of that within the warehouse. I made some very important friendships and have great mentors. My boss gives me job independence as much as possible. Also, lets me use my own creativity and supports me in making and completing my own projects.
    You can make decent money without needing a college degree. They are pretty good about working with school schedules so working in the warehouse helps in obtaining an education. If you want to learn a different job or are curious, just ask. The supervisors are usually willing to help and switch you around to learn different jobs. Show them you are a good worker and they are always willing to give you a chance.

Cons

No chance for growth in my current job position, will have to transfer to a different job for better opportunities. There isn't enough positions within the warehouse to move to a higher job scale so you would have to learn as much as you can and either transfer or find a different job. Steer clear of the negativity, it can be very discouraging and there is a lot of it. My co-workers I work with directly can be difficult and it makes it harder to try to be a team which makes it a difficult working situation.
    Sometimes the shift can be exhausting and difficult, hours change all the time as well as working overtime. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your life situation.

Advice to Management

Respect your hardworking employees regardless of how you feel about them. Give them advice instead of always acting on something in a negative way. Encouragement and constructive criticism go a long way.

2. Sales

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at McKesson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

McKesson is a great company to work for. They are interested in continuing education and giving employees every opportunity to "sharpen the saw". McKesson has a fair compensation package and employees are recognized and promoted commensurate with achievements.

Cons

There is a tendency to promote male over female although this is very much an under current and would be denied by upper management. However, discrimination against sex is present.