McKesson

www.mckesson.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

180 years old...still catching up.

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fortune 14 and stayed afloat during the financial crisis. Healthcare is a great place to be right now.

Cons

There is no PMO at this company. No standardized processes. Very frustrating for a mid-level career person who needs a bit more guidance and structure. Too many fire drills.

Get organized!

637 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

Not a well managed company, old old IT infrastructure

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay check, parking, all the Coke products you want. I know what your are thinking Health care company loading employees with the same products we are pulling out of schools for health reasons. You go John H.

Cons

At the C level there is no one with a complete understanding or experience with large corporate infrastructure. Ex. They are still running the HBO domain (20 year old merge) Per-se domain (5 years old) and a handful of other. Hardware in Alpharetta data center is so old. 15 year old servers. There is not a standard for basic things such as network login. Each office is different depending on who they bought at that location. In ATLANTA you have 4 different domains to login into. Best way to describe McKesson infrastructure as a hodge podge network. On the billing side of McKesson they have purchased so many different billing systems they are lost. You should see the marketing interns making cold calls, Oh you use that system, I can not tell as the database I am working off of is not cross referenced to other competing billing systems. Big company but some of the worst benefits I have ever experienced. Problem is the greed of the good ole boys.

Follow Cardinal's plan and break the company into manageable pieces. John need to be either CEO or Chairman of the Board. Large conflict. Set real define able goals for John and other C level. More to running a company than turning it into your cash cow John. Oh yea John you have really shown you worth on HP's board - hired a CEO without meeting with him. Pathetic

big company, slow to change

Current Employee - Sales Development Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

size and quality of workforce allows for access to extensive knowledge resources, good benefits and worker healthcare improvement support overall

Cons

lack of consistent titles can make finding resources difficult and because it is so large, hard to connect at times. depending on site, fiefdoms exist.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson