McKesson

www.mckesson.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Challenging, but there is so much potential. Can the potential be reached? That's the question.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest, most committed people I have ever worked with. The work itself is challenging and interesting. The benefits, especially the 401(k), are good as is the bonus plan (if you qualify). There are ample opportunities to create your own path once you establish yourself (if you are at the Manager level or above).

Cons

Work-life balance is non-existent in far too many roles. This is a large organization so politics and the status quo are deeply ingrained. If you are fortunate enough to have a good leader, you can do very well; if not learn to like your role or move on externally.

Throw out the performance review process and start over. The review system does not allow managers enough flexibility to reward good performance and, therefore, often ends up killing-off the motivation to excel. Provide incentives to managers of large teams based on how well/often they promote their staff: if they haven't hired anyone worthy of promotion, perhaps the manager needs additional coaching.

637 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

telephonic triage nurse

Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in Remote, OR

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than a year)

Pros

easy to work from home, good processes and products. excellent vision

Cons

very micro managed. I was a nurse that was in a massive lay off. I do not think the way they did this was appropriate. They spent 15000 each nurse to have them licensed in every state then they laid us all off. When things looked better for the company, they did not call any of us to come back. They hired new nurses with less experience. They invested all of that money in us , along with training and then discarded us like trash. Unfortunately, the ones who got laid off had better metrics than the people they kept because they went by seniority. Not a fair process at all.

No security, company constantly looking to outsource, management clueless about actual work

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay, great co-workers

Cons

IT management has no idea what the positions they supervise actually do and they don't care to find out. There is severe understaffing. It's all about making more $$ with no regard to service levels. Lots of talk about it but no action. They are constantly putting out RFP (requests for proposals) to replace what the employees are doing which does not contribute to any sense of job security.

Learn about what your employees do!!!

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson