McKesson
www.mckesson.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, but there is so much potential. Can the potential be reached? That's the question.

San Francisco, CA

ProsSome of the smartest, most committed people I have ever worked with. The work itself is challenging and interesting. The benefits, especially the 401(k), are good as is the bonus plan (if you qualify). There are ample opportunities to create your own path once you establish yourself (if you are at the Manager level or above).

ConsWork-life balance is non-existent in far too many roles. This is a large organization so politics and the status quo are deeply ingrained. If you are fortunate enough to have a good leader, you can do very well; if not learn to like your role or move on externally.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow out the performance review process and start over. The review system does not allow managers enough flexibility to reward good performance and, therefore, often ends up killing-off the motivation to excel. Provide incentives to managers of large teams based on how well/often they promote their staff: if they haven't hired anyone worthy of promotion, perhaps the manager needs additional coaching.

Very professional and engaging!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than a year

Pros: Widely known stable organization with unlimited potential. Work that… Cons: Large company so relationship building is key. Takes some time to work through politics, as with any other company. Small… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This is a large Fortune 500 company with a great culture and mission.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Westlake, TX

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than a year

Pros: This is a great environment with flexible work hours. Cons: There are not many cons to this company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McKesson.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKesson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McKesson CEO John H. Hammergren. All reviews posted anonymously by McKesson employees.