McKesson

www.mckesson.com

Challenging, but there is so much potential. Can the potential be reached? That's the question.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSome of the smartest, most committed people I have ever worked with. The work itself is challenging and interesting. The benefits, especially the 401(k), are good as is the bonus plan (if you qualify). There are ample opportunities to create your own path once you establish yourself (if you are at the Manager level or above).

ConsWork-life balance is non-existent in far too many roles. This is a large organization so politics and the status quo are deeply ingrained. If you are fortunate enough to have a good leader, you can do very well; if not learn to like your role or move on externally.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow out the performance review process and start over. The review system does not allow managers enough flexibility to reward good performance and, therefore, often ends up killing-off the motivation to excel. Provide incentives to managers of large teams based on how well/often they promote their staff: if they haven't hired anyone worthy of promotion, perhaps the manager needs additional coaching.

Its a job and a paycheck.

Material Handler (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You work Monday-Friday and you dont have to work on… Cons: Sometimes can work 10 to 12 hours a day, 5… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people who really want to make a difference, but very old school and political

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Some of the best people you'll ever meet. Most people are friendly and willing to help you out A feeling that you are making a… Cons: Extremely extremely political, not much diversity at the top Face Time is very important, therefore WFH is discouraged in most areas. That is starting to… Advice to Senior Management: The constant cost cutting is really hurting morale. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McKesson.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!