telephonic triage nurse

Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse  in  Remote, OR
Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in Remote, OR

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy to work from home, good processes and products. excellent vision

Cons

very micro managed. I was a nurse that was in a massive lay off. I do not think the way they did this was appropriate. They spent 15000 each nurse to have them licensed in every state then they laid us all off. When things looked better for the company, they did not call any of us to come back. They hired new nurses with less experience. They invested all of that money in us , along with training and then discarded us like trash. Unfortunately, the ones who got laid off had better metrics than the people they kept because they went by seniority. Not a fair process at all.

Other Reviews for McKesson

Challenging, but there is so much potential. Can the potential be reached? That's the question.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the smartest, most committed people I have ever worked with. The work itself is challenging and interesting. The benefits, especially the 401(k), are good as is the bonus plan (if you qualify). There are ample opportunities to create your own path once you establish yourself (if you are at the Manager level or above).

Cons

Work-life balance is non-existent in far too many roles. This is a large organization so politics and the status quo are deeply ingrained. If you are fortunate enough to have a good leader, you can do very well; if not learn to like your role or move on externally.

Throw out the performance review process and start over. The review system does not allow managers enough flexibility to reward good performance and, therefore, often ends up killing-off the motivation to excel. Provide incentives to managers of large teams based on how well/often they promote their staff: if they haven't hired anyone worthy of promotion, perhaps the manager needs additional coaching.

McKesson is changing, but not for the better

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule - can work from home, if need be

Cons

Sourcing Program has eliminated our ability as Recruiters to source our own candidates, thereby greatly impacting our ability to deliver results.

Benefits are very expensive.

Management does not keep an open line of communication.

Stop trying to be cheap and instead address the issues that need to be. So many low performers have been allowed to stay on for so long and the solution is to get rid of them and bring in the Kmart of Sourcing Programs to replace their efforts. Sourcing is a good idea for augmenting our efforts, not replacing them.

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Have respect for what we do and keep us in the know. Be honest and unfraid when having to deliver bad news/messages. Don't be cowardly.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!