McKesson

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

telephonic triage nurse

Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in Remote, OR
Former Employee - Telephone Triage Nurse in Remote, OR

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than a year)

Pros

easy to work from home, good processes and products. excellent vision

Cons

very micro managed. I was a nurse that was in a massive lay off. I do not think the way they did this was appropriate. They spent 15000 each nurse to have them licensed in every state then they laid us all off. When things looked better for the company, they did not call any of us to come back. They hired new nurses with less experience. They invested all of that money in us , along with training and then discarded us like trash. Unfortunately, the ones who got laid off had better metrics than the people they kept because they went by seniority. Not a fair process at all.

611 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

No security, company constantly looking to outsource, management clueless about actual work

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay, great co-workers

Cons

IT management has no idea what the positions they supervise actually do and they don't care to find out. There is severe understaffing. It's all about making more $$ with no regard to service levels. Lots of talk about it but no action. They are constantly putting out RFP (requests for proposals) to replace what the employees are doing which does not contribute to any sense of job security.

Learn about what your employees do!!!

McKesson is changing, but not for the better

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule - can work from home, if need be

Cons

Sourcing Program has eliminated our ability as Recruiters to source our own candidates, thereby greatly impacting our ability to deliver results.

Benefits are very expensive.

Management does not keep an open line of communication.

Stop trying to be cheap and instead address the issues that need to be. So many low performers have been allowed to stay on for so long and the solution is to get rid of them and bring in the Kmart of Sourcing Programs to replace their efforts. Sourcing is a good idea for augmenting our efforts, not replacing them.

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Have respect for what we do and keep us in the know. Be honest and unfraid when having to deliver bad news/messages. Don't be cowardly.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson