There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

McKesson is a great place to work with a positive social impact.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid management team that cares about employees

Cons

Big company, sometimes slow to move.

564 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

I love working at McKesson

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership, Project work, Creativity and innovation, Collaboration

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

Thanks for all you do to make this a great place to work

I worked at McKesson for about 2 years full time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great benefits (at least when I was there)
    - Good group of people that helped me early on in my career
    - The training programs were great They sent a group of us periodically to locations around the country for different training programs.
    - They had a very structured environment, which helped to discipline me in the following years after I left.
    - The gym on the ground level was an awesome perk that I used quite a bit
    - A portion of the building sits on one of the BART exits, so on really bad rainy days, you can come out of the BART station at Montgomery St and enter the building (afjacent to the gym and cafe) without ever having to actually go outside
    - When I was there, turnover was very low - even after my 2 years there, i was STILL considered the 'new guy'.

Cons

- If you're young, as I was, (23 when I got there) you won't find anybody remotely close to your age. My coworkers the majority of them were like over 40-50+ and some past the age of retirement, and still there doing the same thing they're been doing for over 30+ years!
    - Not much room at all for advancement,. Basically whatever you were hired for, you will be that same person the whole time you're there, so don't expect to move 'up the ladder' as they say.
    - The structured environment I mentioned in Pros can be a Con if you don't adhere to that structure, which they are very strict about.
    - The salary is avg at best. Raises are awful, no bonuses the years I was there, even with an awesome review.
    - There will always be that 1 or 2 people who have worked at the company for eons who think they own the world and will treat you like crap and get away with it because of their value with the company. Well, there were 1 or 2 people like that when I was there.
    - Company is still stuck in the last century. All the equipment is from the time the company was born (maybe not THAT old, but you get my drift). For the veterans, they probably don't know the diff anyways since they've been there 20-30+ years.

- Honestly, too many to list. One would be to allow your guys to work and stop micromanaging them, it's really annoying.
    - Change the review process, it's old and doesn't work the way it should. Plus it's so inaccurate
    - Stop acting like you're God just because you are 'Management'. Outside the company property you are still just a John Doe to everyone else. What makes you so special just because you've been working there since dirt was created.
    - for God sake, upgrade the company equipment, or at least use your political powers to make magic and get it done, just like making magic at everything else

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson