There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

McKesson is a great place to work with a positive social impact.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid management team that cares about employees

Cons

Big company, sometimes slow to move.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

An absolute horror of a company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at McKesson full-time

Pros

Flexible hours for the most part

Cons

Salary is not competitive and the merit increases are insultingly low No room for advancement Human Resources makes it very clear that they are a management tool and not for the employees No training Outdated equipment Expensive health benefits Very pro off-shoring

Advice to Management

As one of the highest-paid CEO's, Mr. Hammergren needs to spread the wealth and stop sending jobs to other countries. Upper management refuses to address issues that are brought up over and over again. Top heavy with "leaders" while the work forces suffers from ridiculous workloads and stressful conditions. Do not expect the workforce to practice your iCARE principles when management refuses to do so. Focus on existing holdings rather than trying to monopolize the industry. Customer first...I think not. Realize how insulting it is to read how McKesson makes billions, yet it cannot afford to give cost of living increases. Listen to the employees...if you hear something numerous times, it is true. ACT, don't ignore.

OK company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKesson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Good location, easy to commute. In the center of the city. 2) Most of my co-workers are nice, easy-going. 3) Work environment is relatively good.

Cons

1) Poor infrastructure, many of them still us Windows XP with a big, heavy, dual core laptop. 2) Depend on which team you are in, many people have worked for the company for ages, not much motivation. If you are a young professional, I highly recommend not to work for McKesson. If you are about to retired, maybe 3) Poor management decision. Senior management only care about themselves and don't promote people often. 4) No bonus for analyst level. Manager bonus is limited too

Advice to Management

I would give this company rating of 2.5-3.0. it is just OK. Senior management needs to think not only how to sell more drugs and make money for themselves but also need to care about their employees! No bonus for analyst, are you serious?