There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Stable Company, Great Location

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is extremely stable, the benefits are good, the location cannot be beat.

Cons

Professional development of the workforce needs to come from managers themselves, and needs to be part of the job description. There is an extreme amount of negative internal politics, moreso than any other company I have ever been employed by.

Take time to develop your employees and ensure managers at all levels promote their employees or individually review their merits. The performance management review process is all paperwork and is ineffective at accomplishing its purported goals.

555 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

McKesson is a GREAT place to work!

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKesson as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

McKesson has wonderful people working there. They are cheerful, helpful and flexible. They made my work experience a fabulous one and I wish I could still be there!

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about the company, except navigating through their recruiting department was a huge challenge. It seems if they have such a large population to serve, that's one area that could be tightened up quite a bit.

Difficult, exacerbated by poor management and poor management decisions

Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Everett, WA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits do not, pay rent, or cover the expenses involved in just showing up every day.
    A "pro" might be health insurance, but as a major player in the industry the health coverage offered has been reduced over the years and is still a MAJOR burden for many employees.

Cons

Lack of flexibility which has impacted the bottom line. Low wages in relation to the local economy,
    Puget Sound is a very expensive, which McKesson has never recognized. Poor management at local
    level. Inadequate resources to do the job properly, lack of material support in facility. Favoritism and politics are rampant and damaging to the workplace environment.

I do not believe management is open for advice at least on the upper levels. Local management deals
    in such things as what to have at the company picnic, how to prompt workers to greater production
    with trinkets, t-shirts and meaningless incentives, who works when, where and on what day. Upper
    management relies on bean counters and long established company policies. There is little or no
    flexibility or creativity in the decision making process. This eliminates the possibility of improvements
    and lowers the possibilities of even greater profits. It is the people making less than $20 an hour who
    make it possible for executives to make tens of millions of dollars and these peole are under
    recognized and rewarded. The business plan that McKesson uses might be called "Plantation".

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson