There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Stable Company, Great Location

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is extremely stable, the benefits are good, the location cannot be beat.

Cons

Professional development of the workforce needs to come from managers themselves, and needs to be part of the job description. There is an extreme amount of negative internal politics, moreso than any other company I have ever been employed by.

Take time to develop your employees and ensure managers at all levels promote their employees or individually review their merits. The performance management review process is all paperwork and is ineffective at accomplishing its purported goals.

539 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

McKesson is a GREAT place to work!

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKesson as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

McKesson has wonderful people working there. They are cheerful, helpful and flexible. They made my work experience a fabulous one and I wish I could still be there!

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about the company, except navigating through their recruiting department was a huge challenge. It seems if they have such a large population to serve, that's one area that could be tightened up quite a bit.

Glad to have left!

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company overall is an a wonderful company. McKesson as a parent company is great. The benefits are great and the compensation is competitive at initial entrance into the workforce.

Cons

The Charlotte office has a lot off issues. The turn-over rate is very high. Management is not supportive of career growth or development. Management plays favorites and those are the only people who get promoted. Some managers will block your ability to interview elsewhere to grow within the company. Executive management is aware of the low employee morale and has yet to place anything into action. Management would rather keep everything under wraps so it makes things seem better than they are. HR has been notified of issues multiple times by multiple employees are employees were told to "stop taking things so seriously." So if you want to work in an abusive, micro-managing environment, then the Charlotte office is for you.

When you stop being a leader, your employees do not believe in you anymore. Being selfish to your own department and not letting employees explore other opportunities within the company hurts McKesson as a whole. If nothing changes, more and more people will leave.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!