There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Great Place to work and start a career.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and a good environment to work. Plenty of positions to move up into a great career. Good, social balance and work life balance.

Cons

Traffic getting into the office can be bad at times, but the company is big on telecommuting.

Other Employee Reviews for McKesson

1. McKesson is a GREAT place to work!

Former Contractor - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKesson as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

McKesson has wonderful people working there. They are cheerful, helpful and flexible. They made my work experience a fabulous one and I wish I could still be there!

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about the company, except navigating through their recruiting department was a huge challenge. It seems if they have such a large population to serve, that's one area that could be tightened up quite a bit.

Difficult, exacerbated by poor management and poor management decisions

Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Everett, WA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits do not, pay rent, or cover the expenses involved in just showing up every day. A "pro" might be health insurance, but as a major player in the industry the health coverage offered has been reduced over the years and is still a MAJOR burden for many employees.

Cons

Lack of flexibility which has impacted the bottom line. Low wages in relation to the local economy, Puget Sound is a very expensive, which McKesson has never recognized. Poor management at local level. Inadequate resources to do the job properly, lack of material support in facility. Favoritism and politics are rampant and damaging to the workplace environment.

Advice to Management

I do not believe management is open for advice at least on the upper levels. Local management deals in such things as what to have at the company picnic, how to prompt workers to greater production with trinkets, t-shirts and meaningless incentives, who works when, where and on what day. Upper management relies on bean counters and long established company policies. There is little or no flexibility or creativity in the decision making process. This eliminates the possibility of improvements and lowers the possibilities of even greater profits. It is the people making less than $20 an hour who make it possible for executives to make tens of millions of dollars and these peole are under recognized and rewarded. The business plan that McKesson uses might be called "Plantation".