McKesson

www.mckesson.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

McKesson is not for the faint of heart - Beware!

Former Employee - Sourcing/VMO in Alpharetta, GA
Former Employee - Sourcing/VMO in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paycheck, and some nice over-worked and stressed out co-workers.

Cons

Tons of leadership and process changes constantly. Sourcing, VMO, and Corporate IT at the Alpharetta location is in the midst of change and the current leadership is seeking to trim the fat, everyone is nervous. Due to the many different BU's, tons of "directors" and "vice presidents", the company is difficult to navigate through and difficult to understand the footprint. Perhaps if you have been there for quite some time and are at a high enough level, you may be ok. However, as newbie, I would NOT recommend McKesson (Alpharetta location) to anyone that I care about.

Treat your employees with respect and consideration even in the midst of the constant changes that you embark on.

632 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

worked as a Reimbursement Specialist

Former Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Fresno, CA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the co workers are nice and everyone helps eachother out

Cons

manager are never around and usually dont know what issues are until they get out of hand. when you bring up problems they never get to it you have to has every week and actually stand there for them to fix. there is not structure

be around to discipline other employee who do not do their job, everyone know that there is no consequence if they mess up or dont do their work

McKesson USED to be a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Implementation Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Implementation Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I started working at HBO & Co in 1993. Eventually we were bought out by McKesson. I worked there for over 17 years. I used to enjoy my job as an engineer but it really went downhill when the McKesson stock dropped by $60 per share in one day. Then towards the end of my employment our team was cut in half due to turnover but never replaced them. We were very overworked and no longer received incentives too. Then raises became less and less while executives made an astonishing amount of money. McKesson is the Walmart of the healthcare industry. I know this is the Pros section but I just can't find anything good to say about this company. Yep, there was one good thing....I got to work from home. My other colleagues worked from their homes all over the US because there was no office to go to. Worked in technical implementations which meant a lot of travel for some (80 - 90%). The technology became even more challenging but there was no training on it. One had to fly by the seat of their pants. Finally, the last straw was no raises. Managers were not allowed to give high ratings to employees on their reviews. They had to limit it to maybe one employee in our team. People had no incentive to do their best. We used to get monetary awards if someone nominated you. There was also bonuses years ago, now gone. Re-org's were done all the time it seems. I had 8 bosses within an 8 year period. These managers never tried to get to know you and your capabilities. It was like starting from scratch all over again. They did allow promotion to management if you were deemed a "Golden Boy". Unfortunately, they would not train them on how to manage people. I had so many bad managers that way. A guy who was an Analyst would become a manger for a department he never worked in which made the learning curve even harder for them which in turn reflected on us.

Cons

Salary is low, benefits are very expensive, non-caring management, poor managers and directors, unattainable goals, overworked, no replacing people when they leave, lack of respect from management since none of them actually knew what we did. The list goes on and on.

To management - start by respecting your employees by giving them incentives and treating each fairly instead of being persuaded by brown nosers. You must not be greedy with your employees. The company is doing good so why treat employees that way. The employees will be less productive because they are not rewarded for a job well done. When you treat your employees good comes good results!

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson