McKesson

www.mckesson.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Always something to work on

I worked at McKesson

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Overload of projects or conflicting objectives

611 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

Pretty good place to work for

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Delran, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Delran, NJ

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with is great, and you can great support from your manager. The corporate culture is good, and they support many causes.

Cons

Salary is not up to industrial average, and career path at the field is not good.

improve on the career path out in the field.

Layoffs coming

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation package is fair. Not great but not bad. Probably the best part is the stock purchase plan. The stock has moved in the right direction for some time has served many well.

Cons

I have mentioned for years the faults with the Clinicals product but no one listened and now the product will be phased out soon. Of course it's not that simple but if a little guy like me could see the issues then surely management could. Why they decided to let the product fail and acquire a competing product to replace it appears to be purely financial. I'm very marketable and will have no issue moving on but others should know how this company operates. If you go to work for them it should be purely selfish because this company does not care about you. It cares about the stockholders. Get the most pay and education out of them that you can and always be prepared to move on.

One thing that proves my point is the 10 managers I had in seven years. It is hard to push the ideas up the chain when the chain keeps getting broken. The leadership at every level (lower, mid, director and VP levels) changes every 12-24 months I'm assuming these people are the "smart" people and know things won't last so they "get there's" and move on.

If I thought management would be in place long enough to implement change I would have plenty of advice but my experience is it will change in six months. So I guess my advice is to stay put. Own this thing. Don't just do for the bottom line but do because it's the right thing.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson