There are newer employer reviews for McKinley, Inc.

Overall, a wonderfully positive environment offering growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

Knowledgable people and good resources. Great support with human resource and tech support teams who are always able to answer questions and resolve issues. Individualized development plans and mentorship (s) available for growth and numerous growth opportunities. Positive and inspiring CEO who makes himself available to everyone at all levels. Generous program for paid time off.

Cons

Insufficient/informal training programs for most positions. High turnover & lack of enough knowledgable people to fill positions, resulting in overextended leaders and senior people. Brand & culture dilution with growth. Little respect from senior leadership for daily work life balance. Poor 401k contribution.

reviews filtered by

Very Aggressive, But Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

Compensation is very high for industry, but you work for every dime! Nothing wrong with that, you have to like and want to work hard for your money and the company. They deliver you with a very clear carreer path, it is up to you if you can do it. McKinley is the absolute best at what they do, you can either buy into the system or not.

Cons

Senior management is very quick to make judgements about people. Senior Management is also very young (26-30) and do not have experience outside of Mckinley, nor do they care. Some of Senior management have been awarded postions based on who they know, but have done a good job in creating a new environmnet. Mckinley is not Property Management 101, so if you are looking to come to work with your ideas on how you have done things in the past, it does not matter, it is their way or the highway! They could be a little more open to your experience and knowledge.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, my only advice is you could be a bit more open to those stong team members yo already have and listen a bit more. Do not be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Working for Mckinley is a breathe of fresh air, I absolutly love who I work for and my JOB!

Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

The support I've received from McKinley corporate has been a significant factor in how much I've enjoyed coming to work everyday and my accomplishments in my career. The reinforcement from immediate supervisors and corporate give is phenomenal. Shout outs thru email every evening also keep us plugged in to what other properties are doing as well as keeping friendly competition between properties in various cities/states.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more properties in the Atlanta area to allow more growth opportunities
    in this city.

Advice to Management

Just an idea, Once a year company reunion allowing McKinley employees to socialize and network with one another.