There are newer employer reviews for McKinley, Inc.

Overall, a wonderfully positive environment offering growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Knowledgable people and good resources. Great support with human resource and tech support teams who are always able to answer questions and resolve issues. Individualized development plans and mentorship (s) available for growth and numerous growth opportunities. Positive and inspiring CEO who makes himself available to everyone at all levels. Generous program for paid time off.

Cons

Insufficient/informal training programs for most positions. High turnover & lack of enough knowledgable people to fill positions, resulting in overextended leaders and senior people. Brand & culture dilution with growth. Little respect from senior leadership for daily work life balance. Poor 401k contribution.

Other Employee Reviews for McKinley, Inc.

Working for Mckinley is a breathe of fresh air, I absolutly love who I work for and my JOB!

Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The support I've received from McKinley corporate has been a significant factor in how much I've enjoyed coming to work everyday and my accomplishments in my career. The reinforcement from immediate supervisors and corporate give is phenomenal. Shout outs thru email every evening also keep us plugged in to what other properties are doing as well as keeping friendly competition between properties in various cities/states.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more properties in the Atlanta area to allow more growth opportunities in this city.

Advice to Management

Just an idea, Once a year company reunion allowing McKinley employees to socialize and network with one another.

Too much turnover of employees and extremely poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

When they like you (for whatever brief time), it feels pretty good, but the expectations are outrageous and the company is constantly change direction. The Chief Administrative Officer and former head of HR and also an owner of the company and someone who was held out as an amazing person and leader (incorrectly I might add), was just very quietly let go or bought out. No typical fake announcement wishing her well or anything. No one is safe from termination. She was placed in charge of Residential Client Services and apparently couldn't handle it, since she had no experience in that type of role. That is how McKinley rolls. They throw inexperienced people into a roll, don't give them any support and then fire them when they don't meet unrealistic expectations.

Cons

Extremely poor management with a complete lack of logical direction or understanding of how to treat people, even ones they supposedly really value.

Advice to Management

You may be able to create false illusions to those who don't know the company from the inside, but karma will/is catching up to you. If all of the former McKinley employees posted on here, it would completely bury the HR requested "good" reviews that have been recently posted.