McKinley, Inc.

www.mckinley.com
  www.mckinley.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKinley, Inc.

Working for Mckinley is a breathe of fresh air, I absolutly love who I work for and my JOB!

Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

The support I've received from McKinley corporate has been a significant factor in how much I've enjoyed coming to work everyday and my accomplishments in my career. The reinforcement from immediate supervisors and corporate give is phenomenal. Shout outs thru email every evening also keep us plugged in to what other properties are doing as well as keeping friendly competition between properties in various cities/states.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more properties in the Atlanta area to allow more growth opportunities
in this city.

Just an idea, Once a year company reunion allowing McKinley employees to socialize and network with one another.

144 Other Employee Reviews for McKinley, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Working for McKinley is a fairly pleasant experience.

Current Employee - Property Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

I like working at McKinley because they employ geniuine, easy to talk to people. They have a great benefits package, a lot of opportunity for career and education enhancement, and give employees discounts on apartments in decent locations. People here are genuinely happy to help solve any problems that may arise, and are always looking to make processes easier for future employees.

Cons

Some of the systems/software utilized in my particular line of work seem dated and inefficient. There is an unwillingness to allow a majority of employees to have their own office, which can make certain telephone conversations a tad cumbersome if you have an officemate. A lot of people complain about their salaries, but I've actually gotten my fair share of raises throughout my tenure, so I think that may be a biased complaint. Often times I think maybe there are one too many 'cooks in the kitchen,' so knowing who to turn to for advice can get confusing.

Maybe scale back some of the inflated titles given to people, and just reward people monitarily based on hard work , and promote people as expansion deems it necessary. Also, allowing people to spread out and not using the 'sardine effect' in offices might help productivity and morale, but overall I love McKinley, and wouldn't trade my job for anything.

Please take these reviews with a grain of salt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

I have been with McKinley for almost 9 years, and have found it to be a great experience. Is the turnover high, sure it is... it seems to be about the same as other Management companies i have worked with. The benefits are good, even with the focus on being healthy next year. There are always lots of changes, and I have seen McKinley grow significantly over the last several years, but that's good considering the economy. What i would recommend if you are reviewing these comments while considering a job with McKinley is to go out and walk the communities and talk to the staff there and make your own first hand opinion. It is actually quite easy to be successful at McKinley, work hard, be dependable, have good attendance and do your job and you'll be just fine.

Cons

The one thing I would recommend is to make better highering decisions. I know we have to fill jobs really fast because it puts stress on everyone else when there is an opening, but if we took more time to make sure they were a fit and had a good background we would likely see less turnover.

Bring back the Gumby Awards and the fun squad, I think that would help with the employee morale.

There are newer employer reviews for McKinley, Inc.