McKinley, Inc.

www.mckinley.com
  www.mckinley.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKinley, Inc.

Worked as a seasonal leasing consultant

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great amount of respect for employees and opportunities

Cons

Wish they offered a college student program with part-time employment over the fall/winter

N/A

156 Other Employee Reviews for McKinley, Inc. (View Most Recent)

I love where I work

Current Employee - Accounting in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Accounting in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been at McKinley at the 320 building for just over a year. We have a good balance of work and fun and are encouraged to submit creative ideas. Our senior leaders are friendly and approachable. Salary is competitive and the benefits are consistent.

Cons

There's a lot of work and the standards are very high. A couple of people left my department and that meant more work for me until we got them replaced. Stressful.

Hire more people.

Stay Away! Don't Get Sucked In!

Former Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at McKinley, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay and the benefits are the only pros to working for McKinley and most don't last long enough to see the benefits.

Cons

The reviews you see on here about management through fear is absolutely true! The senior leadership is nepotism at its best with family members, childhood friends, and significant others getting positions that they have no business in. I was in the hospitality business when I got a call from a recruiter asking me if I wanted better hours, etc. Who wouldn't, right? I was an award winning hotel General Manager with experience in managing upwards of staffs of 100, revenue in excess of $50-million and responsible for all sales and marketing. They really rolled out the red carpet for my interview process and gave me the whole dog and pony show to get me on board. When I flew to Ann Arbor I had a bad feeling in my stomach but ignored my gut and stayed on with them. I should have trusted my gut. Expectations are VERY high for what the product should look like but the required budgets to achieve those expectations are not. They constantly put people in positions where they are not strong, expect them to achieve great results and when they don't the fire them. You can't expect a team member to succeed if you don't set them up for success. This is a classic example of a failure in leadership and sadly an example that can be seen daily in the world of McKinley. They do NOT value their people and help them to build on their strengths.

First, get rid of the nepotism that is widespread in the organization. Second, send all of your leadership team through some leadership training that will show them how to build employee engagement, drive success and build on their strengths. Then, put people in positions where they are strong, give them the tools they need to do their jobs, and then sit back and reap the benefits. When you allow your team members to do what they do well, they will take better care of your customers, monitor costs better, and will be more likely to stick around for long periods. Sadly, I don't think any of this is in McKinley's future.

There are newer employer reviews for McKinley, Inc.