McKinsey & Company
www.mckinsey.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A roller-coaster ride

Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsExcellent colleagues, very intense academic environment, non-confrontational exchange of ideas, diversity in terms of backgrounds and experiences. Lots of travel (if you want to do it).

ConsLong hours, lots of travel, risk of not seeing your recommendations fully implemented. There are situations in which you can't pick your work (although it is manageable).

Love the job, love the people!

Summer Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at McKinsey & Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros: $50 for dinner and $35 for lunch means great food all the time! Lots of miles and starwood points due to travel and hotel stays Incredibly smart… Cons: Long hours (8am to 1am) occasionally There is a lot of travel which might… Advice to Senior Management: You're doing a great job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent professional opportunity

(Current Employee)

I have been working at McKinsey & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Opportunity to work with lots of highly motivated and accomplished colleagues - Flexibility in choosing industry to focus on and location to work in (although… Cons: - Work-life balance can be tough to get right; depends… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McKinsey & Company.

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKinsey & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McKinsey & Company CEO Dominic Barton. All reviews posted anonymously by McKinsey & Company employees.