McKinsey & Company
www.mckinsey.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great company, a little stiff.

Summer Business Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at McKinsey & Company as an intern for less than a year

ProsMcKinsey has an incredible reputation. While you're working there you will be surrounded by some of the smartest people around. The firm opens up lots of opportunities if you want to leave.

ConsPeople at McKinsey have incredibly high opinions of themselves and tend to be hyper-competitive. The office is high stress and the work can be tedious. Additionally, in the software division, the pay is lower than what you would get at a tech company, and the work is unreliable; some days you are drowning in it and others you're not even sure why you came into the office. The communication within the firm isn't great--I met many people who hadn't even heard of my division.

Believe me - it's just not worth it.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at McKinsey & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: When one leaves, the name opens doors. Cons: Work-work balance. Horrible for anyone with a significant other because of the long hours and unpredictable travel requirements. Any company with such a high attrition… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is all about perspective - can be a highly lucrative launchpad!

Engagement Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at McKinsey & Company full-time

Pros: Mckinsey & Company is an intense, ever changing environment where either you flourish or you don't. It can be an immensely great opportunity as… Cons: While you are there, it will be difficult to balance anything else. Long work hours, high volume of work- so work life balance is what… More

There are newer reviews on McKinsey & Company.

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKinsey & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McKinsey & Company CEO Dominic Barton. All reviews posted anonymously by McKinsey & Company employees.