McKinsey & Company

www.mckinsey.com

Great place to work that sets you up for executive positions later in your career.

Partner (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExit Opportunities-When you leave McKinsey, you have the knowledge that can make you an executive of a Fortune 500. After I left (stayed for 9 years), I went on to an executive position at Viacom.

Pay-Comparing to other consulting firms, your pay is great. After a couple years, you're up to six figures, and it grows from there. At partner, expect to make $600,000 to 2 million.

Benefits-The benefits are great.

Travel-I know some people hate travel, but I love it. I was easily able to manage with my wife and two kids. You just have to create a working lifestyle. Also, you get to fly business class on global flights, and you stay at very nice hotels.

ConsTravel-I love travel, but if you'd rather come home to your own bed every night, don't work at McKinsey. Expect to travel 3-4 days each week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Great place to work but not for all

Engagement Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at McKinsey & Company

Pros: Great mentorship, opportunities for growth Cons: Long hours, travel, not suited for everyone Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people

Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at McKinsey & Company

Pros: Great people, very effective organization, clear 'up and out' policy… Cons: Tough lifestyle - always on the road Advice to Senior Management: Stay true to the core values Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McKinsey & Company.

Worked for McKinsey & Company? Contribute to the Community!