Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at McKinsey & Company

Pros

Incredible opportunity to work with leading companies, top government officials and thinkers to tackle some of the most challenging issues in the world today. Over the past year I have participated in many professional development courses, have pushed myself to be a better communicator and thinker. McKinsey has greatly supported me in developing core business skills. I am glad I came here.

Cons

Long hours, lots of travel - can be difficult on personal life. I think I have accumulated 200,000 frequent flier miles this year, and I have no desire to use them because the last thing I want to do is to get back on a plane for vacation!

Advice to Management

Make sure to continue to support Associates in pursuing their interests within the firm.

reviews filtered by
  1. First-class organization offering great professional development opportunities & employee benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at McKinsey & Company

Pros

Incredibly smart people, amazing professional development opportunities and the best benefits package around. For non-consultants, work-life balance is attainable. The firm is very accomodating for those with family and other personal situations. The diversity within the firm is truly impressive. I worked with people from all over the world on a daily basis. A truly global organization with a global focus - not a US firm with overseas offices. Creativity and innovation is rewarded.

Cons

Compensation for non-consulting staff is just OK. The more senior you get, the less opportunity is available. Takes a long time to acclimate to the distinct McKinsey culture, but it is worth it. McKinsey has it's own style of writing, speaking, presenting, etc. Until you sound like one - you will not be accepted as one.

Advice to Management

Review succession planning strategy for non-consulting staff.

McKinsey is a great place to work...

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at McKinsey & Company

Pros

McKinsey is a very challenging environment and there are great opportunities for professional growth. I have been here for many years and have had several incredible opportunities to move forward professionally and feel confident I will continue to grow as a professional here at the Firm.

Cons

McKinsey is a very challenging environment, which can lead to long work days. As a result, there can be a slight work/life inbalance at times. However, with a supportive team and manager, this can be managed.

Advice to Management

I have no real advice at this time to provide to our senior leadership team, as I feel they are incredibly supportive and encouraging and communicate with the Firm adequately as it relates to firmwide issues or other matters.