McLane Company

www.mclaneco.com

I love the job I do.

Current Employee - Driver  in  Contoocook, NH
Current Employee - Driver in Contoocook, NH

Pros

Great people that I work with.

Cons

Management is so out of touch with employees. Tools (load bars) are old or broken. Dispatch never answers the phone. Company never tells you your doing a good job only what your doing wrong or questioning why your behind on schedule. Handhelds and peoplenet are slower than death. Good trucks. Lot of work that your not paid for. Very long days. Medical insurance Deductible is way to much.

Increase pay. Respect your drivers and other employees. Improve benefits. Warren Buffet owns us yet we get NO discounts with any of the stores he owns. Lower our deductibles. Offer a lot more discounts.

Other reviews for McLane Company

McLane Northeast is a most negative employment experience.

Former Employee - Transportation  in  Baldwinsville, NY
    Former Employee - Transportation in Baldwinsville, NY

Pros

I can see no "pros" to working here other than a fair "profit sharing" program via a managed 401k plan.

Cons

This company is notorious for mistreatment of employees. Turnover-rate approaches 70%. Impossible to recruit qualified people due to poor reputation in area. I highly recommend anyone considering employment here to speak with any current or past employees first. This company seems to make promises that it has no intention of keeping, just to get the employee in the door. You will be working every holiday - Forget even spending with your family.

I recommend that McLane drop their slogan of having "high Christian principles", at least until they are truly willing to demonstrate such toward their employees.

Stabbed in the back after 10 plus years

Pros

I learned a lot about a number of different jobs, learned to look after myself instead of the company. I worked at several divisions and corporate office

Cons

Low Pay, when you get higher pay they want to promote you where you don't want to go or fire you. Probably should have left after 5 years

Loyalty is only a one way street. Morale is bad because I personally know a dozen people that have been screwed and so do most employees

There are newer employer reviews for McLane Company.

Worked for McLane Company? Contribute to the Community!