McLane Company

www.mclaneco.com

Great 18 Years!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros120 year company that is debt free. Pay is good depending on what department or grade. Benefits and Profit sharing are very good. President and CEO is well respected. Owned by Berkshire-Hathaway. Growing company with 20 plus Grocery Warehouses. Excellent "Open Door" Policy.

ConsIf you're hired from the outside it takes a while to adapt to the McLane cultural. Not nearly as family friendly as they once were. Department managers/supervisors are good people however most can't train or treat teammates with respect because Upper management is always focusing on the Key Performance Indicators.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent in how you treat people. Walk the walk and just not talk the talk when it comes to training new teammates or cross-training teammates from one area to another. When there are problems or challenges truly address them and find out the "Root Cause".

Incompetent Leadership, small pay, big expectations.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at McLane Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company car but other than that I honestly cannot say… Cons: Expect employees to work maximum hours for minimum pay. People in leadership roles lack communication skills, work ethic, and ability to train. Company makes big… Advice to Senior Management: Have a clear goal and direction for the company. Invest in your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Layoffs, lack of structure, unfulfilling employer

Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at McLane Company full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Benefits, Relocation, Top in the industry Cons: Work-life balance, lack of leadership, instability, lack of recognition, layoffs.… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your people like people not commodities. Pay better and you will get the employees you are "searching" for.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McLane Company.

Worked for McLane Company? Contribute to the Community!