There are newer employer reviews for McLane Foodservice

Expectations are way to high

Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist  in  Tualatin, OR
Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Tualatin, OR

I worked at McLane Foodservice

Pros

If you like working alone throughout the shift it was ok. The shifts are 4 10's which gave additional time for family.

Cons

Benefits- These were horable, at 150 dollars a check plus co-pays at the doctors office I pretty much made about 12 dollars an hour.

General Manager- The GM of this place needs to be terminated. This particular warehouse has raised the standards to extreme levels in order to make himself shine. Selecting orders at %99.95 is ridiculous compared to other warehouses set at %99.80. The standards are so high that I have gained seniority at a fast pace while seeing the retention rate of employees be reduced significantly.

Conclusion- At the Tualatin Oregon warehouse it does not matter how good of an employee you are, how willing and able, or how much pride you have in your work and the company...You are a dime a dozen and will eventually be let go.

Get the General Manager out of there and allow for some mistakes...we are only human. Current management (besides the GM) does an ok job and I think the company would do alot better if they valued employees apposed to pushing them out based on standards set way to high.

35 Other Employee Reviews for McLane Foodservice (View Most Recent)

Excellent Job...I love it!

Current Employee - Driver  in  Sturtevant, WI
    Current Employee - Driver in Sturtevant, WI

I have been working at McLane Foodservice

Pros

Great pay compared to similar employers....excellent health benefits...great 401K with company match ($1.50 to every $1 employee contributes).....easy to schedule time off to take care of personal life.

Cons

Extremely physical job....hours of work make it hard to balance work/personal life.

EVERY day is a school day-never boring-with challenges & rewards every day of the week.

Current Employee - Supply Chain  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at McLane Foodservice

Pros

Salary & compensation. 401K match every year when other companies are going under, we continue to prosper due to the high level performances of every employee regardless of status. We make it 'ours' and take individual ownership to 'make it happen' every single day.

Cons

No 'cons' to getting an honest days pay for an honest days work.

Keep up the good work !

There are newer employer reviews for McLane Foodservice

Worked for McLane Foodservice? Contribute to the Community!