McLaren Regional Medical Center

www.mclarenhealthcare.org
  www.mclarenhealthcare.org
There are newer employer reviews for McLaren Regional Medical Center

great place to work, they take care of their nurses

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Mount Clemens, MI
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Mount Clemens, MI

I have been working at McLaren Regional Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good pay, union, flexible management

Cons

computer documentation system is awful to navigate.

13 Other Employee Reviews for McLaren Regional Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Palatable, if you can deal with tenuous job security and out-of-touch management.

Current Employee - I See All Sides  in  Flint, MI
    Current Employee - I See All Sides in Flint, MI

Pros

~Nice staff & patient population.
    ~Pay is competitive (despite location).
    ~Routine opportunities for CE.
    ~RNs have good union, it seems.
    ~Focusing more on evidence-based medicine, applying to hospital policies with senior staff input. (however, motivation is monetary)
    ~New, super-cool Proton Beam radiation center almost open! VERY forward thinking (will be sixth in the U.S.!) Good for patients, McLaren and community!!!
    ~Concierge Service: paid for by McLaren, these folks will take your car for an oil change, get your groceries, run your errands while U R @work. Very Nice people; convenient and a great perk for working here.
    ~Steady work.
    ~Admins are polite in hallways.
    ~CEO matches employee donations to United Way!

Cons

~Administration can focus too much on a short-term goal, looses feel of day-to-day management issues. (know your house and how to keep it in order)
    ~Knee-jerk reaction to issue-resolution; not including info from workers/ stakeholders/ support staff into the decision-making process. (if so, decisions would command more respect) (know how to get your house back in order, peacefully)
    ~Underlying tension of Admin-vs-workers is distracting background static in every interaction.
    ~"not-for-profit" the most blatant lie. McLaren Healthcare Corporation, with many hospitals under her wing, makes huge "profit" because she can force supplies to lower prices, due to her awesome purchasing power. Therefore: 1) Everything provided by the lowest bidder: suplies, EMR. 2) Profits not returned to infrastructure nor working people; Admins get the bonuses. As the world turns, so does "not-for-profit"
    ~Those w/o union are employed at-will. I've seen 'em come, & I've seen 'em go... You have been warned...

1) Most staff want to do a great job for a long time, with a winning team in a secure environment. Invest a little more time and you will see this (and you will see those who are not team players). (Know your house and how to keep it in order)
    2) We'll be more understanding of your mistakes, if you are understanding of ours. Let's grow together : )
    3) Let's not compromise patient care because we were pinching a penny with short staff. Hospitals need some redundancy to cover in-house emergencies. Perhaps Management/ Admins are short-staffed as well, eh?
    4) Hang in there! You can do it!

Overall my experience there was alright, but, not what is expected from an employer in this field.

Former Employee - Interventional Radiology/Resource Pool RN  in  Petoskey, MI
    Former Employee - Interventional Radiology/Resource Pool RN in Petoskey, MI

I worked at McLaren Regional Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Close knit community, good learning experiences. The location is great for people who love the outdoors and four season activity.

Cons

Salary range low for RN profession and RNs are not treated well. Support staff such as kitchen help, maintenance and security are treated better.

Treat your core nursing staff better. Travel RNs shouldn't be treated or put on a higher level than your core nursing staff.

There are newer employer reviews for McLaren Regional Medical Center

Worked for McLaren Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!