McMaster-Carr
www.mcmaster.com Elmhurst, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

ProsStrong compensation structure which is designed to keep you around. Since the culture is not favorable to most this is a must to retain good employees.

ConsSomewhat toxic culture. This was far from what I was promised when I was hired here. There are a good amount of very intelligent people that work here and we continue to micro-manage them and chastise them for simple errors, and instead of focusing on development and improvement we instead focus on finding opportunities to break them down and tell them that they do not meet expectations. Management solely by metrics; development thru fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company will continue to exist for many years to come in spite of the poor culture, so advice here will be in vain. I am thankful that I have had the experience because I walk away knowing exactly what I do not want in the future as my career continues to develop.

Great for end of career or lack of ambition.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at McMaster-Carr

Pros: Amazing benefit plan Decent salary related to work Good job of initial… Cons: Experience is not considered a plus General lack of respect for… Advice to Senior Management: Engage your population, you hire talented folks for non-management positions and assume that benefits alone will make the difference.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great entry level position

Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at McMaster-Carr full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good introduction to the working world after college. Good employee… Cons: No opportunities to move up in companyinto management-you have to have attended an Ivy League university… Advice to Senior Management: allow us regular state college grads into management. We're not lesser… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McMaster-Carr.

Worked for McMaster-Carr? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McMaster-Carr reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McMaster-Carr CEO Jay Delaney. All reviews posted anonymously by McMaster-Carr employees.