Nice People

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at McNichols Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary, benefits, nice people to work with. Beautiful building to work in.

Cons

Very "family oriented", religious. Sometimes felt it was a "good ol' boy" network.

Fresh faces may have something to add that you haven't seen/recognized.

Other Reviews for McNichols Company

The ability to grow my cust svc skills to level of excellence that I believe will aid me in ANY sales related market.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at McNichols Company

Pros

The longevity of McNichols name in Steel Industry meant the customers always sought out McNichols. No cold calling required.

Cons

Family owned company (3rd generation) has revamped the company from a "Customer Relations" business to a "Call Center". The tenure & experience of personnel went from average of 10-25 yrs down to less than 3 yrs which in turn affects customers. The phones constantly ring into "call center" but ability to grow relationships with customers is a thing of the past.

Disappointment

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McNichols Company

Pros

Nice PTO plan and benefits

Cons

On the outside people are nice but if you are unique or different pack your bags. They are not looking for individuals even though they say they are. They want you to believe and agree on all their ideas. The reviews are extensive that they do and they do it quarterly. You have to make a huge portfolio and then they decide your bonus. It isn't based on sales and the contests they throw a raffle ticket in and one person wins. It is not based on who does the best job. Employees are unsatisfied and you need to be a white male to make management (unless you work in the warehouse) They overwork the employees and in the end they don't care.

Management isn't going to listen to advice

There are newer employer reviews for McNichols Company.

Worked for McNichols Company? Contribute to the Community!