Meadowbrook Insurance

www.meadowbrookinsgrp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Meadowbrook Insurance

Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Meadowbrook Insurance as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Meadowbrook works to keep their employees developed and engaged. They have a good benefits package and pay competitively.

Cons

There are none that I know of currently.

None

7 Other Employee Reviews for Meadowbrook Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great Managers that do not Micromanage. Good hiring and training processes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Meadowbrook Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work week. Treated with respect. Tuition reimbursement. Not micromanaged. Satisfactory benefits package.

Cons

Company Needs to offer more PTO. Get with technology and work/life balance. For example, invest in either buying or leasing laptops for all employees as their PC at work, so they can take them home, and work from home from time to time.

Come up with an improved PTO package to retain and keep good top-performing employees and keep them happy. I came from a public company that is about the same size and I had 3 weeks PTO to start with first year, at 2 year anniversary 4 weeks, at 5 year anniversary 5 weeks, and at 7 year anniversary 6 weeks!!! (the max) They offered great paid time off, and Meadowbrook should too. It really retains and keeps top performing employees.....That made it VERY difficult to leave, but I decided to because the Managers were unnecessarily micro managey, they were laying off groups on a yearly basis, including executives, and the work environment became just too difficult to tolerate after years of employment!
    I think Meadowbrook should offer retirement incentives and/or arrange special jobs/schedules to those that are above retirement age. There are some people pushing 70-80 years old that just can't perform their job and it makes things difficult for everyone around them.

Great until management didn't like you anymore

I worked at Meadowbrook Insurance

Pros

Location was great. Work environment was fun. People around us were wacky and crazy and have some good stories

Cons

It could be very boring but that is life. I wasn't paid for that I needed to make sure that business was ok

Be nice