Mechanics Bank
www.mechbank.com Richmond, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Freedom to explore your strengths and be your professional best

Wealth Management (Current Employee)

ProsHighly collaborative environment where employees are encouraged and expected to network, collaborate internally, both within the department and across departments. Ability and encouragement to find professional interests and strengths and to pursue them as it relates to building the department and the Bank. The Bank provides a lot of information to employees to enhance their work experience and to enhance their ability to perform their jobs. Great benefits. Great work/life balance.

ConsSome departments are slow in responding to break downs in operations. When things don't work well, employees spend a lot of time trying to convince management there is a problem. It can take a long time at the Bank to see change for the better. The Bank is also slow in responding to poor management performance, sometimes hiring someone not qualified for the position but trying to groom them in hopes they will grow into the position. In the meantime, direct reports experience a high level of frustration with the manager who is struggling. The Bank needs to be more open to new growth opportunities for the Bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to seek feedback from employees to make sure midlevel managers are performing according to expectations. Management needs to ask for feedback from employees who are client facing and be open to changing policies and procedures to make sure the Bank is providing an excellent client experience. A fairer process in decision making about which employees are selected to be a part of committees and teams that are charged with providing growth and guidance to the Bank. Their retirement benefits are generous but there are not enough investment choices in their 401(k) program.

data entry clerk in Deposits

Data Clerk (Former Employee)
    Hercules, CA

I worked at Mechanics Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Family owned. Good pay. Close to home.Interesting job. Good hours. Cons: There were none. I loved working there. Sorry now I… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Started good then turned bad after new CEO arrived.

I have been working at Mechanics Bank

Pros: Great employees. Okay benefits. Family owned. Locally owned. I wish… Cons: Lots of lay offs. Low moral among employees. Work load is ridiculous across… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mechanics Bank.

Worked for Mechanics Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mechanics Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mechanics Bank CEO Steven K. Buster. All reviews posted anonymously by Mechanics Bank employees.