There are newer employer reviews for MedAmerica, Inc.

Great people to work with (depends on dept), generous benefits & time off.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at MedAmerica, Inc.

Pros

Company is very generous with benefits and time off. Employee with 0-3 years of service will get 3 weeks of PTO plus sick time. 401(k) match is yours once it's deposited (no vested schedule).

The company invests in social events and company program to make sure you understand the company model. Implemented a "buddy program" for new hires to get well acquainted with the company.

Cons

Not very much room for growth for most departments. Work load increases at a moments notice when new contracts are acquired.

8 Other Employee Reviews for MedAmerica, Inc. (View Most Recent)

I Feel this company is a good company to work for

Former Employee - Data Entry Position  in  Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Position in Modesto, CA

I worked at MedAmerica, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well you can actually get on the job training and add to your current experience and to me that is very important when working for a big company like MedAmerica Inc.

Cons

The cons and perks of this position is that you can get promotions to higher opportunities. Plus they have benefits and to me that is very important.

Well the best advice I could give management is that if the employee shows a lot effort in their work and continues to try hard and is a good team player then that manager should be able to award these employees with Incentives that compensates and shows other employees on how to improve so they can get these perks and it makes this place of business enjoyable to work here.

Don't be fooled by fancy titles

I have been working at MedAmerica, Inc. full-time

Pros

Reason for being the best place to work: Great benefits. Flexible work schedules. Leadership is visible and nice. Managers and supervisors are supportive. Open door policy. No micromanaging.

Cons

Med America lacks structure. For many of the employees (including VPs, Directors, managers & supervisors), Med America is/was their first "real" job or first job ever. The lack of experience and competence is the main culprit in its structural issue. MedAmerica should really consider bringing in seasoned project managers and business analyst to whip the company into shape. I am not talking about MedAmerica developed Project managers, I am talking about real project managers. Professional development is a complete joke. The reviews/evaluations are very silly. MedAmerica titles only look good on paper or linkedin(dot)com. Have a conversation with some of the managers or even a specific VP. You will be blown away by their lack of knowledge. This is a company with great potential but change is crucial.

Covered in cons.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAmerica, Inc.

Worked for MedAmerica, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!