MedAssets

Managing GPO is a cakewalk compared to Rev Cycle

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Great clients
Great coworkers
Good benefits
Very engaged CEO

Cons

Strong bias toward gpo because legacy gpo leaders learned the hard way how complex rev cycle is to manage
Lack of revenue cycle experience and wisdom amongst senior leadership
No true COO for rev cycle segment

Ive worked in materials mgmt and have transitioned to rev cycle in the past 7 years. The workload, rapid pace and pressure to execute are night and day. I recommend employing leaders who understand claims, contracts, registration, etc. and who have had real experience in the fast paced industry environment. This experience cannot be gained through textbooks or power points or google. We have senior leaders who have no experience in the segment of the industry that we support. We simply cant compete with these leaders deciding strategy for our company. Rand is a true expert in supply chain and runs that business well. The current rct leader (who was also our cfo?) apparently has no rev cycle experience and i'm afraid is riding with training wheels in the tour de france when we should already be flying down the road on a 12 speed. I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never even seen him step foot in the plano office or join operations mtgs so go figure on that one. Greg Strobel is a great addition to sr leadership as he has the experience. We would like to see more sr leaders with his level of experience to feel like we have a chance to compete at a high level

231 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

I am still employed with Medassets because I have some time invested and there are no other jobs available in the area.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Hours of operation Monday through Friday and weekends off. They give great parties.

Cons

Their upper management and professional services team do not exercise their core values. They bring down employee morale. We are forced to work in a place with bed bugs, without proper treatment of the pests.

Be knowledge about you position. Show interest in the department in which you manage. Treat everyone fairly. John Badis would not approve of the way we are treated.

Fairly positive, but many changes in management have made it less attractive as of late

Current Employee - Consultant in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Great environment to work in at my location.
    Love the group that I am with and my direct management really cares about our success.
    Salary and bonuses appear on par with industry standards

Cons

Changes in senior management have caused much tension and numerous people have left the company as a result. Even with these losses, the company does not seem to care about replacing those employees and is content with going oversees to fulfill these positions.

Be concerned about the individual worker and don't always assume the people put in place know how to manage. Check in constantly and have a more hands-on approach to employee growth and career-path

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets