There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Managing GPO is a cakewalk compared to Rev Cycle

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Great clients
Great coworkers
Good benefits
Very engaged CEO

Cons

Strong bias toward gpo because legacy gpo leaders learned the hard way how complex rev cycle is to manage
Lack of revenue cycle experience and wisdom amongst senior leadership
No true COO for rev cycle segment

Ive worked in materials mgmt and have transitioned to rev cycle in the past 7 years. The workload, rapid pace and pressure to execute are night and day. I recommend employing leaders who understand claims, contracts, registration, etc. and who have had real experience in the fast paced industry environment. This experience cannot be gained through textbooks or power points or google. We have senior leaders who have no experience in the segment of the industry that we support. We simply cant compete with these leaders deciding strategy for our company. Rand is a true expert in supply chain and runs that business well. The current rct leader (who was also our cfo?) apparently has no rev cycle experience and i'm afraid is riding with training wheels in the tour de france when we should already be flying down the road on a 12 speed. I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never even seen him step foot in the plano office or join operations mtgs so go figure on that one. Greg Strobel is a great addition to sr leadership as he has the experience. We would like to see more sr leaders with his level of experience to feel like we have a chance to compete at a high level

212 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Not bad, but could certainly be better.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MedAssets

Pros

• Tons of PTO. I didn’t use all of mine.
    • Flexible work hours and telecommute opportunities (based on your job/manager).
    • VERY relaxed dress code. Business casual was dressy for me, and I would only do that for meetings.
    • Market-Competitive Pay
    • Very smart and capable colleagues.
    • C-Level leadership (particularly CEO John Bardis) is very big on corporate giving and charity.
    • Good use and implementation of technology.

Cons

• It’s a sales organization. All the top folks are sales people, which means that your career/compensation progression is heavily based on who you know. I suppose this could be a “Pro” for some.
    • The business itself is incredibly complex and difficult to understand (all the parts of SM and RCM). The company “feels” less like a company and more like a hodge-podge of smaller, semi-related companies. Actually, that’s precisely what it is, a company that was stitched together through M&A.
    • The company is extremely siloed (probably because of point 2 above). Very little information flows laterally. Cross functional projects are difficult to coordinate and manage. People really don’t want to help outside of the scope of what they’re doing because there are few incentives to do so.
    • The company is “cliquish”. As I said above, little information flows laterally, but when it does, it’s usually being leaked from clique to clique via the rumor mill.
    • Not much going on in the way of career development assistance. You’re pretty much on your own.

Enough with the M&A activity. Stop trying to meet Wall Streets growth expectations and concentrate on making the current business better for clients and employees in the LONG RUN. Also, keep a better read on employee morale.

Good place to work. Not great for career advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Good location. Good Benefits. Flexible work hours.

Cons

No performance review system. Promotions only happen at senior management level. As noted by others, you need to know the 'right' people to move ahead in the organization.

Lots of good people have left recently due to management indifference towards performance. The company nees to recognize and reward performance. CEO really needs to look at how performance is evaluated and rewarded for regular staff.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!