There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Nice normal corporate place. 8:30-5:ish, Decent pay, good vacation, nice people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Saddle River, NJ
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

The people who work here are nice and fun to be around. As a company, Medassets is good at showing non-monetary appreciation with events like a summer picnic and holiday party. Middle management is good with feedback and things like pizza parties. Pay and vacation seems standard to most successful corporate entities. They truly do care about their employees and offer paid volunteer time for up to a week per year.

Cons

Benefits packages are very contribution-heavy, and some people in departments not my own have trouble becoming available to actually use their vacation time. Much of the middle to low senior management are still pretty young, so company growth is the only opportunity for advancement. The IT ticketing system is a nightmare to get anything fixed.

Decentralize some more aspects of day to day operations (IT support, recruitment). You purchased multiple small companies because they were successful. Pool resources at need, not by requirement. Let them do what they do best.

216 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Managing GPO is a cakewalk compared to Rev Cycle

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Great clients
    Great coworkers
    Good benefits
    Very engaged CEO

Cons

Strong bias toward gpo because legacy gpo leaders learned the hard way how complex rev cycle is to manage
    Lack of revenue cycle experience and wisdom amongst senior leadership
    No true COO for rev cycle segment

Ive worked in materials mgmt and have transitioned to rev cycle in the past 7 years. The workload, rapid pace and pressure to execute are night and day. I recommend employing leaders who understand claims, contracts, registration, etc. and who have had real experience in the fast paced industry environment. This experience cannot be gained through textbooks or power points or google. We have senior leaders who have no experience in the segment of the industry that we support. We simply cant compete with these leaders deciding strategy for our company. Rand is a true expert in supply chain and runs that business well. The current rct leader (who was also our cfo?) apparently has no rev cycle experience and i'm afraid is riding with training wheels in the tour de france when we should already be flying down the road on a 12 speed. I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never even seen him step foot in the plano office or join operations mtgs so go figure on that one. Greg Strobel is a great addition to sr leadership as he has the experience. We would like to see more sr leaders with his level of experience to feel like we have a chance to compete at a high level

I am still employed with Medassets because I have some time invested and there are no other jobs available in the area.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oceanport, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Hours of operation Monday through Friday and weekends off. They give great parties.

Cons

Their upper management and professional services team do not exercise their core values. They bring down employee morale. We are forced to work in a place with bed bugs, without proper treatment of the pests.

Be knowledge about you position. Show interest in the department in which you manage. Treat everyone fairly. John Badis would not approve of the way we are treated.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!