There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Nice normal corporate place. 8:30-5:ish, Decent pay, good vacation, nice people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

The people who work here are nice and fun to be around. As a company, Medassets is good at showing non-monetary appreciation with events like a summer picnic and holiday party. Middle management is good with feedback and things like pizza parties. Pay and vacation seems standard to most successful corporate entities. They truly do care about their employees and offer paid volunteer time for up to a week per year.

Cons

Benefits packages are very contribution-heavy, and some people in departments not my own have trouble becoming available to actually use their vacation time. Much of the middle to low senior management are still pretty young, so company growth is the only opportunity for advancement. The IT ticketing system is a nightmare to get anything fixed.

Advice to Management

Decentralize some more aspects of day to day operations (IT support, recruitment). You purchased multiple small companies because they were successful. Pool resources at need, not by requirement. Let them do what they do best.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Managing GPO is a cakewalk compared to Rev Cycle

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Great clients
    Great coworkers
    Good benefits
    Very engaged CEO

Cons

Strong bias toward gpo because legacy gpo leaders learned the hard way how complex rev cycle is to manage
    Lack of revenue cycle experience and wisdom amongst senior leadership
    No true COO for rev cycle segment

Advice to Management

Ive worked in materials mgmt and have transitioned to rev cycle in the past 7 years. The workload, rapid pace and pressure to execute are night and day. I recommend employing leaders who understand claims, contracts, registration, etc. and who have had real experience in the fast paced industry environment. This experience cannot be gained through textbooks or power points or google. We have senior leaders who have no experience in the segment of the industry that we support. We simply cant compete with these leaders deciding strategy for our company. Rand is a true expert in supply chain and runs that business well. The current rct leader (who was also our cfo?) apparently has no rev cycle experience and i'm afraid is riding with training wheels in the tour de france when we should already be flying down the road on a 12 speed. I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never even seen him step foot in the plano office or join operations mtgs so go figure on that one. Greg Strobel is a great addition to sr leadership as he has the experience. We would like to see more sr leaders with his level of experience to feel like we have a chance to compete at a high level

Good place to work. Not great for career advancement

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Good location. Good Benefits. Flexible work hours.

Cons

No performance review system. Promotions only happen at senior management level. As noted by others, you need to know the 'right' people to move ahead in the organization.

Advice to Management

Lots of good people have left recently due to management indifference towards performance. The company nees to recognize and reward performance. CEO really needs to look at how performance is evaluated and rewarded for regular staff.