MedAssets

www.medassets.com
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

It was a good company but now we need serious help

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Benefits pakage is fairly reasonable but i hear that is changing to help profits
Co workers in my department are great, and we work closely together, mainly because our cubes are so small and crammed together, but i guess that was the purpose

Cons

Those in operations and those at corporate seem to be talking apples oranges because nothing is getting better, more work, more confusion, low morale, no raises, no bonuses, stock purchase plan is worthless, ect..
Technical leadership and talent are third rate compared to my former place of employment, always behind, always making excuses, no price to pay for mistakes, we dont know where to send our tickets to help customer, more excuses, ect...

243 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Clueless management, endless dithering

I have been working at MedAssets

Pros

Salaries are not bad for good performers
    PTO
    Money available for tools
    There's some grass roots efforts to improve innovation
    Some of the people are really pretty good and really do seem to care

Cons

Management is terrible:
     - The place is packed with VPs that care more about building empires than building products that deliver value to our customers.
     - Executives are sales droids, that's it. They do not see software development as adding value to the business.

Direction is unfocused and constantly changing.

Impossible to get rid of low performing employees

Spend some time learning about the differences between Revenue and Spend applications. Then either spin off the revenue business or structure the company so that it can effectively deliver on that business.

You're trying to run Revenue exactly like Spend and it isn't working, that's why all of those formerly innovative companies you bought up haven't done anything interesting in the last three years.

Not bad, but could certainly be better.

Former Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MedAssets

Pros

• Tons of PTO. I didn’t use all of mine.
    • Flexible work hours and telecommute opportunities (based on your job/manager).
    • VERY relaxed dress code. Business casual was dressy for me, and I would only do that for meetings.
    • Market-Competitive Pay
    • Very smart and capable colleagues.
    • C-Level leadership (particularly CEO John Bardis) is very big on corporate giving and charity.
    • Good use and implementation of technology.

Cons

• It’s a sales organization. All the top folks are sales people, which means that your career/compensation progression is heavily based on who you know. I suppose this could be a “Pro” for some.
    • The business itself is incredibly complex and difficult to understand (all the parts of SM and RCM). The company “feels” less like a company and more like a hodge-podge of smaller, semi-related companies. Actually, that’s precisely what it is, a company that was stitched together through M&A.
    • The company is extremely siloed (probably because of point 2 above). Very little information flows laterally. Cross functional projects are difficult to coordinate and manage. People really don’t want to help outside of the scope of what they’re doing because there are few incentives to do so.
    • The company is “cliquish”. As I said above, little information flows laterally, but when it does, it’s usually being leaked from clique to clique via the rumor mill.
    • Not much going on in the way of career development assistance. You’re pretty much on your own.

Enough with the M&A activity. Stop trying to meet Wall Streets growth expectations and concentrate on making the current business better for clients and employees in the LONG RUN. Also, keep a better read on employee morale.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets