HORRIBLE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Benefits & bonuses are about the only thing I can say that is good about working in Nashville. There are a few in management that are good at their job.

Cons

There are some upper management that do not know what they are doing & do not need to be in the positions they are in. There are too many cliques with some management & employees, a little closer than what there should be. Too much Drama. If someone does not get their way, they wine about it, until they get their way. The dress code is another issue. Some people need to look in the mirror before they leave the house, some should not be wearing what they are & nothing is said to them. But if it was some of us & we wore something like that, we would get in trouble & get sent home & it is all because we do not kiss butt to get somewhere in this company.

Really sit back & learn all your team, don't just have your favoriates. You don't know what kind of talent you really have on your teams, because you don't take the time to learn everyone.

Other Reviews for MedAssets

Candidates beware - layers of problems you can't help with and no relief in sight. Avoid the frustration.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

They have products in the Healthcare Industry at just the right time.

Cons

We'll see how long this review posting survives. My previous poor review no longer appears on Glassdoor ??

It's way beyond just "acquisition" challenges.

Hopeless Top Executives
    - C-level and VP level execs all need to be replaced (hidden agendas, no vision, no scruples)
                 exception...too early to tell for newly hired COO
    - CEO isn't in touch with the problems, as his direct reports aren't truthful with him. He's too busy having fun to dig in further.
    - Good-ole boys club at the top, they all have each other's backs
    - Most VPs are there from being at their smaller acquired companies and don't have a clue how to scale their business/segment

The competant won't/don't last
    - Influx of good senior management in places, but they aren't given the means to succeed so they leave or (worse yet) are pushed out by threatened tenured (but incompetent) senior management.
    - It is an exodus for people who are really good (give them 6 to 18 months, depending on their situation and personal tenaciousness).

Benefits
    - 2K deductible is virtually like having no health insurance
    - PTO doesn't roll over to next year and they claim it is a state law, but that is not true
    - New Plano office:
              * will be nothing but a large cube farm with 4 foot dividers, for everyone at all levels, even those constantly on customer calls...it will be a public acoustical hell. But VPs (in the only offices) truly believe it will make everyone "work more collaboratively". Clueless.
              * No covered parking, in Texas 108 degree heat...really? Say goodbye to your car's interior and paint

Vision
    - None for the Rev Cycle products
    - Big initiative to offshore as much as we can and so far it is a disaster
    - IT, help desk, infrastructure - very little investment

I see no relief in sight for any of the above issues. It will eventually implode. At that point, they can rebuild, starting from the top. I hope the products (which have potential because of the healthcare industry) will survive through all this.

Leave

Great Company for Work/Life Balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

Pros

17 Days Vacation (including sick days) to start
    Benefits include HSA and FSA if you want
    Generous 50% up to 6% 401K match
    Very flexible schedules
    Ability to WFH

Cons

Managers are afraid to back you up, so you end up being thrown under the bus
    It is taking a while to get processes in place, and a lot of people don't know what they are doing
    There is no general documentation, so no reference to what was done
    There is no knowledge sharing
    When you start it is sink or swim with no life vest.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!