There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Positive business opportunities in a healthcare market that really needs our help. This is still a relatively young company that seems to have finally swallowed its acquisitions and begun to operate the businesses in a professional manner.

Cons

Still not enough professional management in place at the business segment/unit level. Seems like we finally have a COO with Operating experience, but still waiting to see if he can implement the right changes.

Communicate more and in a clear way. I want to know what comcrete, fact-based plans we have to grow our business.

215 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Exciting new company

Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay great benefits good people and great opportunity. Promotions are maenly internal and very frequent

Cons

Some miserable staff lack of formal training program system problems

Get rid of the employes who are dragging down moral, they act like mgmt owes them something or like their not getting paid we all know people begging for jobs and some of these people here act likke they made it in life already. Managment is young with a divers mix of talent, some very experience and some up and coming but most of them are really focused on succeeding and always available to help. Lots of promotions as they are grwoing. The opportunity to make a diffrence here is more than anywhere I have worked or herd about. If you are a hard worker and motivated to do well in a career, no better place in the area to work for and grow with, just ignore the miserable ones though.

Candidates beware - layers of problems you can't help with and no relief in sight. Avoid the frustration.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

They have products in the Healthcare Industry at just the right time.

Cons

We'll see how long this review posting survives. My previous poor review no longer appears on Glassdoor ??

It's way beyond just "acquisition" challenges.

Hopeless Top Executives
    - C-level and VP level execs all need to be replaced (hidden agendas, no vision, no scruples)
                 exception...too early to tell for newly hired COO
    - CEO isn't in touch with the problems, as his direct reports aren't truthful with him. He's too busy having fun to dig in further.
    - Good-ole boys club at the top, they all have each other's backs
    - Most VPs are there from being at their smaller acquired companies and don't have a clue how to scale their business/segment

The competant won't/don't last
    - Influx of good senior management in places, but they aren't given the means to succeed so they leave or (worse yet) are pushed out by threatened tenured (but incompetent) senior management.
    - It is an exodus for people who are really good (give them 6 to 18 months, depending on their situation and personal tenaciousness).

Benefits
    - 2K deductible is virtually like having no health insurance
    - PTO doesn't roll over to next year and they claim it is a state law, but that is not true
    - New Plano office:
              * will be nothing but a large cube farm with 4 foot dividers, for everyone at all levels, even those constantly on customer calls...it will be a public acoustical hell. But VPs (in the only offices) truly believe it will make everyone "work more collaboratively". Clueless.
              * No covered parking, in Texas 108 degree heat...really? Say goodbye to your car's interior and paint

Vision
    - None for the Rev Cycle products
    - Big initiative to offshore as much as we can and so far it is a disaster
    - IT, help desk, infrastructure - very little investment

I see no relief in sight for any of the above issues. It will eventually implode. At that point, they can rebuild, starting from the top. I hope the products (which have potential because of the healthcare industry) will survive through all this.

Leave

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!