MedAssets

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can drink at work.

Cons

There is no direction. There is a lot of the wrong people getting promoted. Human Resources turns the cheek to inappropriate promotion and good ole' boy mentality. There is no accountability. People can set in the breakroom all day...play pool, ping pong, or Wii. Which is fine if things were being done. Turnaround time on anything is horrible. Product Management is focused on "new enhancements' to the software but what about the things that are wrong like words misspelled.

Fire people who got big promotions because they were someone's roomate in college. Focus on the customer by making employees accountable for not working.

250 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Some change is required, but internal politics won't allow it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Core business in revenue cycle niche is sustainable.

Cons

Management is strangely oblivious of a companies needs switching from a consulting business to SaaS. What CEO sends pictures of him and his family on a 3 week vacation to the Olympics (daily) when employees can barely take time and haven't received consist raises or bonuses in 3 years.

Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive business opportunities in a healthcare market that really needs our help. This is still a relatively young company that seems to have finally swallowed its acquisitions and begun to operate the businesses in a professional manner.

Cons

Still not enough professional management in place at the business segment/unit level. Seems like we finally have a COO with Operating experience, but still waiting to see if he can implement the right changes.

Communicate more and in a clear way. I want to know what comcrete, fact-based plans we have to grow our business.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets