MedAssets
www.medassets.com Alpharetta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Financialy irresponsible decisions, very frustrating place to work. Think real hard about joining this place

(Current Employee)
Plano, TX

ProsGetting new office building and CEO says we are putting in pharmacy medical clinic volleyball court and other conveniences - but can we even afford if we cant hire the staff we need?
Benefits are ok

ConsMany of my coworkers and staff have left or are leaving. Very high turnover because we cant get the resources we need to service our customers.
(update on my previous comment: i was told his was public information but i cant find the data on the internet anywhere so am deleting the comments on the cost of the private plane. If anyone can provide a link to this info so i can validate i will repost. For now i retract the info on the $2 million dollar expense in 2011.)
Hear more about chief officer doing charity work, going to Olympics, being seen on cnbc, fox, bloomberg, stock exchange, ect. or training cage fighters than running our business. Could be funding a lot more charity work if the business was not always in a state of urgent need and desperation to react to bad products and services being delivered.
Chief officers have known that some products that we introduce to customers are shotty for a long time but do nothing about it and require the best PMs to pick up the pieces. They just blame former employees or my favorite "the changing healthcare landscape". A lot of smoke in mirrors is right just like previous posters said.
No accountability at high levels as evidence by former COO who is still in some confusing high office and any other good company would have replaced poor chief officers long time ago. They get the golden pass everytime while we have to carry out mission impossible to fix their poor decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some integrity and start doing whats right for our customers, not whats going to save you. This requires real work that can no longer be hidden by acquisitions or charity.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You can drink at work. Cons: There is no direction. There is a lot of the wrong people getting promoted. Human Resources turns the cheek to inappropriate promotion and good ole'… Advice to Senior Management: Fire people who got big promotions because they were someone's roomate in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Some change is required, but internal politics won't allow it.

Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Core business in revenue cycle niche is sustainable. Cons: Management is strangely oblivious of a companies needs switching from a consulting business to SaaS. What CEO sends pictures of him and his family… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MedAssets.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.