There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

OK Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets

Pros

Building a brand new facility in Texas which is supposed to be nice - Good PTO - Different benefits packages are offered which is nice

Cons

There is not a ton of room for advancement - Low starting salary -Large company with office in Georgia and some on East Coast so possible to get lost in the fray

215 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Financialy irresponsible decisions, very frustrating place to work. Think real hard about joining this place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Getting new office building and CEO says we are putting in pharmacy medical clinic volleyball court and other conveniences - but can we even afford if we cant hire the staff we need?
    Benefits are ok

Cons

Many of my coworkers and staff have left or are leaving. Very high turnover because we cant get the resources we need to service our customers.
    (update on my previous comment: i was told his was public information but i cant find the data on the internet anywhere so am deleting the comments on the cost of the private plane. If anyone can provide a link to this info so i can validate i will repost. For now i retract the info on the $2 million dollar expense in 2011.)
    Hear more about chief officer doing charity work, going to Olympics, being seen on cnbc, fox, bloomberg, stock exchange, ect. or training cage fighters than running our business. Could be funding a lot more charity work if the business was not always in a state of urgent need and desperation to react to bad products and services being delivered.
    Chief officers have known that some products that we introduce to customers are shotty for a long time but do nothing about it and require the best PMs to pick up the pieces. They just blame former employees or my favorite "the changing healthcare landscape". A lot of smoke in mirrors is right just like previous posters said.
    No accountability at high levels as evidence by former COO who is still in some confusing high office and any other good company would have replaced poor chief officers long time ago. They get the golden pass everytime while we have to carry out mission impossible to fix their poor decisions.

Have some integrity and start doing whats right for our customers, not whats going to save you. This requires real work that can no longer be hidden by acquisitions or charity.

A great deal of opportunity, but execs make it harder than it should be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have a ton of very talented people in all departments--and that's really what makes it worth coming in every day. Many excellent leaders in the middle-management ranks, who have made a great deal of progress in a chaotic series of changes at the top levels. Some sharp new people in the mix now near the top, so there is reason to be hopeful that things will stabilize.

Cons

Execs at the highest levels are very passionate, but not always very rational--tend to make very rash decisions on seemingly incomplete information. Several years of rotating doors at the SVP/President level have meant constant change in process and operating principles, which makes things difficult (and often wasteful) within the lower ranks.

Stop asking your talented resources/managers to constantly look backwards, and let them focus on building and delivering good products and services. Decide quickly if you want this to be a software/services company or a consulting company, and let's make decisions appropriately. Get more engaged in setting and articulating long-term strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!