MedAssets
www.medassets.com Alpharetta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work

Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI joined MedAssets 4 years ago as a contractor. I became a permanent employee after one year, and have since been promoted twice and am now in a Sr. Management position. My growth in the company can be attributed to a clearly defined career path, hard work, versatility and a manager that supported my growth by continually providing new challenges/opportunities.
We’re a fast growing, midsized company where in my opinion; most employees are provided an opportunity to have a measureable impact. Moreover, the organization fosters an entrepreneurial environment where I can be innovative and risky which in my experience is unusual for this sized company. Finally, I appreciate the fact that we consistently demonstrate a willingness in outreach and community programs; which is driven by our CEO and down through the organization.
Healthcare continues to evolve and to remain competitive in our industry; we have to as well which creates some challenges. That said, in my view, our constant evolution creates opportunity to learn new skills and facilitate career growth. Ultimately, this is a great place to work.

ConsSeems to have taken longer than normal to integrate all of our acquisitions which has created some challenges in standardizing processes and creating a fluid infrastructure.
Continuity among segments could create more synergy.

Right place to work if you "know" people or in that circle

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros: Flexible work schedule, paid week to do charity work of… Cons: Benefits completely suck for a Healthcare company, Upper management is treated differently than rest of employees, employees who do nothing get rewarded while employees busting… Advice to Senior Management: Re-evaluate your directives, GPO pricing sucks compared to other GPO's. People who don't deserve a job tend to be the ones who keep them while… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Why I Left

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedAssets

Pros: There are some really great people who work there. They do like to… Cons: Product problems galore Sr Executive Team is almost full of non-leaders and former sales execs who are just chasing their own tails. If you dont like the… Advice to Senior Management: The CEO needs to till his own garden before indicting other pople like Lance Armstrong. Your customers are paying the price for a complete… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MedAssets.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedAssets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedAssets CEO John A. Bardis. All reviews posted anonymously by MedAssets employees.