Big company syndrome

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule. Generous time off. If John Bardis means half of what he says he is an exceptional human being and CEO.

Cons

Company management does not understand the core functions that support the services they provide (development/maintenance).

Management, in a frantic scramble to address real problems, makes mistake after mistake after mistake causing things to only get worse. Teams in silos make decisions and take actions that have far reaching negative effects, no warning, no communication, everyone scrambles to work around it. Managers make unilateral decisions based on fact-free planning

People are promoted into management based on years of service regardless of complete dearth of management or leadership ability.

Customer experience is beginning to suffer and I expect we will lose some big customers before someone figures out that management is clueless and makes helpful adjustments.

Morale in development/QA/IT/DBA is at an all time low.

Career path/advancement available to only the select few. Company talks LEAN but couldn't be less LEAN if they tried.

Advice? Wise men don't need it and the rest won't heed it.

Other Reviews for MedAssets

Employee turnover is very high. Will need patience to rebuild

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is a lot of fun and most of the people you will work with are team players. Benefits are not that great but no surprise there.

Cons

Dont get too attached to your coworkers because people are dropping like flies. Constant retraining and relearning going on. Employee morale is at an all time low, and from what I am hearing so are our customers.

You should pay attention to the turnover issue and employee satisfaction.

Medassets is a Charity/Party organization trying to run a Software company

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

You will like it here if -
    You like "humanitarian" efforts and charity PR campaigns to compensate for lack of strategic senior executive leadership.
    You like working under extreme desparation and urgency because there is no strategic vision.
    You like to party or hear about massive parties in Vegas while your struggling to duct tape poorly written code and underinvested hardware back at the office.
    You like to work on something "critical" for our execs for 3-6 months only to find out they didnt know what they were asking for and ask for yet another "critical" release.
    You like supporting products that should never have been released while our execs think they are the best thing since sliced bread so we have to spin the message for years.
    You can get in the inner party circle of the CEO or CCO or other sr execs and get promoted to a senior VP role running a fledgling services segment.
    You like generous PTO and vacation days and an improving onboarding process.

Cons

You will not like it here if -
    You are a strategic thinker
    You Do Not agree with sr executives pursuing personal spotlight and endeavors, pandering to extremely low employee morale by promising office amenities, and constantly exalting charities at the expense of trying to understand our rcm business and following through on years of unfulfilled commitments to our paying customers, such as "integration", "reporting and analitics", hardware performance,, ect.

Put the needs of our customers ahead of your own personal legacy. Its the right thing to do.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets.

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!