Big company syndrome

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Generous time off. If John Bardis means half of what he says he is an exceptional human being and CEO.

Cons

Company management does not understand the core functions that support the services they provide (development/maintenance). Management, in a frantic scramble to address real problems, makes mistake after mistake after mistake causing things to only get worse. Teams in silos make decisions and take actions that have far reaching negative effects, no warning, no communication, everyone scrambles to work around it. Managers make unilateral decisions based on fact-free planning People are promoted into management based on years of service regardless of complete dearth of management or leadership ability. Customer experience is beginning to suffer and I expect we will lose some big customers before someone figures out that management is clueless and makes helpful adjustments. Morale in development/QA/IT/DBA is at an all time low. Career path/advancement available to only the select few. Company talks LEAN but couldn't be less LEAN if they tried.

Advice to Management

Advice? Wise men don't need it and the rest won't heed it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Experience varies between manager

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been lucky to have some great managers that understand the family/work balance. Love the compassion MedAssets has for charity and giving back.

Cons

There are constant leadership changes, so it makes it difficult to know what direction we are going in.

2. A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best organization that I have ever worked for in terms of culture and environment. I am amazed at the stories of compassion and the recognition of that compassion outreach through various non profit and corporate citizenship programs. Upper management seems to have a strong committment to attract, develop and retain top talent. Full-time new hires are eligible to receive 17 days of PTO plus 10 paid holidays. In regards to the 401K the company contributes $.50 for each dollar you contribute up to 6%. In the past 5 months I have witnessed an increase in process improvement and positive change. I am very impressed with the level of communication that I have received from senior leadership. I was very impressed with the on boarding process. Perhaps what has impressed me the most is the level of integrity and committment to our core values.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment which may be considered as a con to others not having worked in fast paced environment. This could be a challenge to others that are missing a strong work ethic and ability to adapt.

Advice to Management

Continue the committment to attract, retain and develop top talent.