There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

There is no pilot in the cockpit of this plane

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

New office space looks nice in plano
Ok benefits probably very average in the market from what i hearing from friends at other companies

Cons

To put it simple, this company has really ineffective senior management from the ceo down, like they have ADD or something.
They spent all last year cutting costs because they made really bad decisions in prior years and they celebrate as success.
Technology infrastructure has been struggling badly with no urgency to make decisions.
New leadership is nowhere to be find when major technology issues resurface over and over
Most of them have no knowledge or experience running software company.
This company is a Supply Chain group purchase organization then bought revenue cycle software vendors and expected them to run on own.
We work in boiler room atmosphere and cubefarms waiting for the next misguided instruction from above.

Help us. Start with getting involved, walking around the revenue cycle office getting to know our business. Dont ignore hard questions and challenges that we face for years. Party less. Do your job.

215 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

“I worked at MedAssets for six years, it was great at first and then things change...

Former Employee - Former Clinical Denials Representative  in  Saddle River, NJ
    Former Employee - Former Clinical Denials Representative in Saddle River, NJ

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get a generous amount of PTO time. They offer paid volunteer time for up to a week per year.

Cons

In return for paying half the health insurance premium, deductibles are sky high and payroll deductions go up a lot every year. No PPO/POS option in 2013, HSA only. There are some upper management that do not know what they are doing & do not need to be in the positions they are in. There are too many cliques with some management & employees, a little closer than what there should be. Managers are afraid to back you up, so you end up being thrown under the bus
    It is taking a while to get processes in place, and a lot of people don't know what they are doing
    There is no general documentation, so no reference to what was done, the procedures change every month and not every body is told, so every body is doing something different.
     The first place I have seen where being a long-term employee is actually a liability.

If you have an opinion contrary to your boss or director, it won't matter how good you are or how hard you work or how long you were there. Stop demeaning and making the employees afraid of losing their jobs. The management are knowledgeable in their fields, however lack the ability to lead.

Nice company to work with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, not much pressure

Cons

Little low on salary side

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!