MedAssets

www.medassets.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than a year)

Pros

True passion to help improve the healthcare industry. And an equally strong passion to serve communities. Employees are given 40 paid hours per year to perform community service. Good career growth for top performers. Visionary CEO and strong operational COO make a good team driving the company in the right direction. Customer satisfaction is strong, particulary on the spend side of the house. Very flexible work environment.

Cons

Benefits could be better. Company is still transitioning from an entrepreneural environment to a more mature public company environment which causes some conflicts. Multiple acquisitions over many years have not been fully integrated there inconsistency in processes is common and causes inefficiency and redundancy. Investment in technology, particulary on the revenue side of the business needs to be increased to better integrate and improve product offering.

Continue to invest in the right areas to improve product offerings and employee programs.

247 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Awesome Company!!!

Former Employee - Account Manager - Client Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager - Client Services in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great management, good benefits and pay!

Cons

None! I loved working at MedAssets. I had to leave my position to be with my family in Canada. John Bardis is a superstar. Most people have no idea of the many acts of kindness that this man has done for others. He never wants recognition. He is a true Christian and humanitarian.

Keep up the good work!!!!

If bland is the brand of career choice for you, then MA is your dream come true

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When it boils down to it I had to dig deep to think of the positive aspects of working at MA.  I've seen the generosity of John Bardis so that's worth mentioning, on occasion they'll have a company event (a Christmas party annually, a slice of cake for birthdays, the usual big company trimmings).

Pay is decent but know that you could do better and in fact your coworkers probably are especially if they do less work than you. You can almost bet that those people will also be the ones getting the praise and recognition.

They allow people to work remotely (if your in good favor with your boss), they seem to be pretty accommodating if you have to take off here and there. Looking at it from a macro perspective I suppose it's not much better or worse than any other droll little company so if you're looking for utterly unextraordinary place to work this is a good stop for you and you'll fit in because you'll be surrounded by some of the most mundane individuals you'll ever encounter.

Cons

Oh where to begin. The turnover rate is unbelievable, the training programs are subpar at best, the pay is just enough to keep you going, the bonuses (if you are fortunate enough to still qualify for one) are practically non-existent. Pay no attention to the number given on your offer letter because that simply will never happen. The teams are cliquish to a degree I've never seen in my professional career. Favoritism is a constant and encouraged so if you are lucky enough to be the chosen one then the stars will shine on you regardless of your work ethics, abilities, skills or intelligence as those simply are not factored into the "likability and thus worthy of grooming" equation.

There will be no attempt to mask contempt for you.

I've watched as dozens of people who're so-so at their jobs but arrogant and rude get promotions so clearly those are attributes that are coveted here.

If you want to go somewhere and watch as your soul slowly crumbles, dies as burns into ash I would wager you will find that here.

If you're looking for work, a team, a crew that you can respect, who'll like you and encourage your strengths and dish out praise whenever it's due regardless of who to then I strongly recommend you keep looking because somewhere out there that place must exist and you owe it to yourself and your happiness to find that place and not waste any amount of time settling for less.

You have potential to be someplace great, someplace different but you are frittering all of that potential away and it's really sad.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets