MedAssets

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Positive Work Environment

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ
Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Saddle River, NJ

I worked at MedAssets as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, Good Staff & Salary

Cons

Working Hours should be flexible, Career growth is limited

250 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Negotiator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, laid-back environment, have the opportunity to participate in many charitable opportunities...the company likes to give back. Work out facilities on site, fun work functions

Cons

Benefits, practically no training, high employee turnover, constant change of processes....hard to keep up, new VP or director every month. No motivation by VPs for advancement. I have the constant feeling that this is just a temporary job for me, I can't imagine working here for a long time.

Less meetings and get more accomplished, motivate your staff for personal growth, try to keep your employees, re-evaluate your benefits, develop training programs for the employees. I feel like I could be a lot more functional in my job if there was some sort of training program.

Great culture, still growing company, but a few bad apples can sour the experience

Former Employee - Technical in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Technical in Plano, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The dept I worked in was flexible when it came to taking time off. I could leave for an appointment as long as I did the expected of advised my team, made my time up, or got approval to take it as PTO. Onsite HR is very verbal about wanting to know what they can do to better your experience at MedAssets. It's a company wide effort. They frequently send out quick surveys, asking for feedback. Great commitment to charities & local involvement. The company really stood out to me when Sandy hit the Northeast & impacted many employees in the area. MedAssets made a point to bring the following & more: a fuel truck so employees could fuel their cars, bottled water, blankets, clothing, food & toiletries. It was a great thing to hear how our leaders pulled together to get supplies to our coworkers.

The CEO enjoys sharing his sense of humor & it doesn't always come across as humorous to everyone, I never had an issue with it. Lots of ways to be involved on-site, brand new facility with state of the art technology, including white noise to help with the noise level in some noisier areas. The company enjoys having wine & beer at functions. I like the fact that they recognize that we're mature adults & can determine how much alcohol we should or shouldn't consume at events. Not all employees embrace this perk. Other perks include: Mother's room, phone rooms, solid wall bathroom stalls, free coffee/tea/cocoa on every floor of each tower, birthday cake each month in recognition of those who were born that month, 24/7 5500 sqft fitness center, classes for Yoga, Pilates, etc held at diff times of the day, game room with Wii, billiards, Foosball, basketball court, 18-hole min-golf, on-site cafeteria (serving tuna, lamb, buffalo, salmon), seated patio areas, sidewalk around perimeter for walking, heart & soul program (you're paid 40 hrs a year to help out at a qualifying charity of your choosing. It's like an extra week of vacation pay.). I very much enjoyed working for the company itself.

Cons

When there is a change of direction for your dept or team, you need to be sure to get management to spell out how it changes your role. If you cannot keep up with this new change, start looking for another job. Your manager can deem your services to be 'no longer be needed' & no matter how hard you work to satisfy them, you can be fired - with no clear explanation why.

If you have a desire to change depts due to finding more interest in a new one or feel you fit better, do so before any formal steps are taken by management within the current dept. If your manager decides to put you on a PIP (performance improvement plan), which typically lasts 30 days, you cannot change depts until you have successfully completed that PIP. If you're not familiar with a PIP, the PIP isn't for YOU to be a better employee, it's for your manager to get better results from you, as an employee. HR will not back you or be on your side once this happens. So plan accordingly & keep your resume up to date. Because once the decision has been made, you will be quietly whisked out the door. They will ship your belongings to you.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets