Great Ideals, Poor Execution

Pros

Company-wide implementation of servant-leadership model, with performance reviews tied to servant leader principles may eventually improve culture.

Cons

Very siloed organization with redundant and sometimes conflicting processes, poor communication between departments and from upper management down through the ranks. Constant pressure to improve margins, but poor infrastructure limits potential for success and results in absolutely zero work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Current corporate culture reality is furthest from servant-leadership of any organization I have worked with. Principles are great, but are not espoused or embraced consistently across senior leadership, much less to the front-line employees.

Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets

1. Dream Job!!... read negative reviews with objectivity and realize they are one side of a story. :)

Current Employee - Corporate Talent Acquisition in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Talent Acquisition in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a product of its owner/ leader John Bardis, who is an amazing man. What we do matters and there is no shortage of work to be done... however, if you believe that you should work as hard as you play.. than this is the place for you. In a perfect world.. id spend my entire career here and I'm only 28

Cons

Smoking policy is a bit tough.. but being a healthcare improvement company.. I get it. Plus, I'm a bit bias. Literally nothing else to report and I'm really trying to think of something.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and community and I assure you it will always attract the right people! Continue having a presence in the office.. and saying hello to us "little people" as rankings go, while passing by. Continue acknowleding those who acheive and encouraging those who strive to improve. Keep up everything that you are doing. The right people are def in place where it counts!

MedAssets Response

Sep 29, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for this great review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and we appreciate all that you do for MedAssets.

Two good years but becoming cautious about what lies ahead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is great. Stellar office in Plano. Enjoy working in healthcare where I feel we are making a difference in the integrity of the healthcare system. I think my dept historically has worked great as a team and the people I work with are also my friends outside of work in many cases. We recently had a company outing which included alcohol and that's always nice! I don't want to tout alcohol as a benefit but it is nice working for a company that knows how to relax. This is the exact opposite of where I came from.

Cons

In rev cycle there is little innovation in new products. We've lost some really good leaders in rev cycle ops over the past few months, especially in my dept. Not let go but opted to leave for various reasons. This worries me as I know one in particular was very much a MedAssets supporter and it was definitely shocking to see him leave. New VP of my dept seems to be good guy and have solid leadership experience but doesn't have the knowledge we need NOW to really move us forward. Seems more focused on sales opportunities than helping us implement. It feels as if something has happened recently where work just isn't as enjoyable. And I have to add, the deductible in the health plan is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Where I am, we need leaders with industry experience to help with the challenges we have. Consider having a separate medical deductible for each family member so if I have one family member that has a lot of medical needs, I pay coinsurance sooner for care for that individual only. Otherwise, I love this place and even with the problems would still highly recommend as a place to work. Just want it to stay this way!