MedExpert

www.medexpert.com
  www.medexpert.com
There are newer employer reviews for MedExpert

MUST READ!!! Bad Experience at Medexpert.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free soda. Oh, don't drink too much, you have to clock out for using restrooms.

Cons

From professional perspective:
1, Projects are not interesting, they don't use any new technologies, and the engineering team manager doesn't know Engineering at all!!! Can you imagine that?
2, The management told engineers ' hey, don't waste your time on testing your code, we don't need it'. After they will come back and yell that why bugs are there!!!
3, As an engineer, you can not utilize your skills and education background, because some non-engineer people will tell you how to write your code.
4, There is a time, all engineers left the company. So now, all new hired engineers have less than 16 months experience in this company.
5, If you are a junior, don't expect learning anything from this company, they have only ONE senior engineer.
6, If you are a senior, you can find a job easily in valley, why waste your time here?

From company culture:
1, I heard CEO says that "F" word everyday to his employees. Again, can you imagine that?
2, Camera are hanging on your head, so don't pick your nose, people can see you.
3, NO personal cellphones, NO personal bags, NO food on your desk.
4, Don't use your computer to check tech news, it's not allowed and your computer is monitored.
5, Don't say anything in the company, the management force some people to be informer.
6, The job is not stable, they fire you or change your job status every minute they want without any benefits..
7, Oops, all HR left, I think they know the CA labor code better, and they don't want to against the law.

Summery:
It's a family owned company, all management are family members. The only rule to survive in this company is kiss this family's ass.

You don't want your employees to against you, then respect them.
You want your system more robust, do it yourself OR listen to your employee and respect them.
You want to grow your company, stop lying and get a better reputation.
You think people will work harder if you monitor their computers and put cameras on their heads, You really think so?
Engineers can put a bug in your code, and make the system crash at a specified time. They didn't because they have humanity, so please treat them like a human!
You said you wanna help poor people, they why not start from respecting your own employees.

Stop lying to the government.
Stop lying to your interviewee.
Stop lying to the labor union.
Stop lying to the Glassdoor reviewers.
Stop Lying!!!

18 Other Employee Reviews for MedExpert (View Most Recent)

Micromanagement crazy!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert (less than an year)

Pros

Most employees were really nice. They offer free drinks and every now and then buy lunch. And sometimes flexible (cux they don't offer pto anyways)

Cons

I need an entire page for this section...they micromanage you to death ..Every thing needs to be controlled to what you do even what you say. No sense of liberty to enjoy doing your job without being watched from every corner. The atmosphere was uncomfortable ..ALL and I mean ALL Employees in EVERY dept were unhappy! CEO belittles employees and no understanding of how to face employee issues in a legal or professional manner. They tried to enforce illegal rules like clock out for bathroom use. That didn't go so well..obviously. monitor everywhere you are in the building through your swipes..last time I checked I was working for a medical info company not in JAIL. And like what was said on another post..sometimes are required to lie to clients and they want so much and give us so little resources. I myself have been lied to my management and when I found out the truth..it made my time there eve. more depressing. Also no sense of job security whatsoever! NO PAID DAYS OFF...NO PAID VACA..NO HEALTH BENEFITS AND THIS IS A MEDICAL COMPANY!! The credit they say they give you towards your health care insurance cost is bogus If you have more then just yourself to cover.

Take a class on CEO behavior, How to manage a company, How to respect your employees, Also study Legal employer practices ....just go back to school PERIOD .

Tough place to work

Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can say

Cons

Lots of hope when I first started but quickly realized this company was different. Management is a total train wreck and they swear loud all the time even at times at the employees so uncomfortable when I working there. No health benefits and way too many do's and dont's. Every company even smaller ones then this employer offer health benefits. They are just too cheap to offer it to you but walk around bragging about how many people they helped save lives.

I was never allowed to have my phone at work because they say its the law but management walks around with phones all day. Not only management, but I also saw engineers and maintenance guys using and talking on their phones. They use the law excuse every time they don't want you to do or have something but then they break every law for themselves and your locker is subject to random searches.

No food at your desk and you are required to clock out just to use the bathroom. Is that even legal? Every where you go in the building, you have to swipe your badge and if you forgot to swipe going one way... well guess what... your locked out and have to find someone to help you open the door.

I've worked for much smaller companies and they all offered benefits and medical. Stop being so cheap. I left this company and went to a competitor that offers health benefits. Just offer health benefits and treat your employees like humans. We have feelings that you need to think about and not just about yourself and how you can save a dollar.

There are newer employer reviews for MedExpert