MedExpert

www.medexpert.com
  www.medexpert.com
There are newer employer reviews for MedExpert

MUST READ!!! Bad Experience at Medexpert.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free soda. Oh, don't drink too much, you have to clock out for using restrooms.

Cons

From professional perspective:
1, Projects are not interesting, they don't use any new technologies, and the engineering team manager doesn't know Engineering at all!!! Can you imagine that?
2, The management told engineers ' hey, don't waste your time on testing your code, we don't need it'. After they will come back and yell that why bugs are there!!!
3, As an engineer, you can not utilize your skills and education background, because some non-engineer people will tell you how to write your code.
4, There is a time, all engineers left the company. So now, all new hired engineers have less than 16 months experience in this company.
5, If you are a junior, don't expect learning anything from this company, they have only ONE senior engineer.
6, If you are a senior, you can find a job easily in valley, why waste your time here?

From company culture:
1, I heard CEO says that "F" word everyday to his employees. Again, can you imagine that?
2, Camera are hanging on your head, so don't pick your nose, people can see you.
3, NO personal cellphones, NO personal bags, NO food on your desk.
4, Don't use your computer to check tech news, it's not allowed and your computer is monitored.
5, Don't say anything in the company, the management force some people to be informer.
6, The job is not stable, they fire you or change your job status every minute they want without any benefits..
7, Oops, all HR left, I think they know the CA labor code better, and they don't want to against the law.

Summery:
It's a family owned company, all management are family members. The only rule to survive in this company is kiss this family's ass.

You don't want your employees to against you, then respect them.
You want your system more robust, do it yourself OR listen to your employee and respect them.
You want to grow your company, stop lying and get a better reputation.
You think people will work harder if you monitor their computers and put cameras on their heads, You really think so?
Engineers can put a bug in your code, and make the system crash at a specified time. They didn't because they have humanity, so please treat them like a human!
You said you wanna help poor people, they why not start from respecting your own employees.

Stop lying to the government.
Stop lying to your interviewee.
Stop lying to the labor union.
Stop lying to the Glassdoor reviewers.
Stop Lying!!!

19 Other Employee Reviews for MedExpert (View Most Recent)

Tough place to work

Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can say

Cons

Lots of hope when I first started but quickly realized this company was different. Management is a total train wreck and they swear loud all the time even at times at the employees so uncomfortable when I working there. No health benefits and way too many do's and dont's. Every company even smaller ones then this employer offer health benefits. They are just too cheap to offer it to you but walk around bragging about how many people they helped save lives.

I was never allowed to have my phone at work because they say its the law but management walks around with phones all day. Not only management, but I also saw engineers and maintenance guys using and talking on their phones. They use the law excuse every time they don't want you to do or have something but then they break every law for themselves and your locker is subject to random searches.

No food at your desk and you are required to clock out just to use the bathroom. Is that even legal? Every where you go in the building, you have to swipe your badge and if you forgot to swipe going one way... well guess what... your locked out and have to find someone to help you open the door.

I've worked for much smaller companies and they all offered benefits and medical. Stop being so cheap. I left this company and went to a competitor that offers health benefits. Just offer health benefits and treat your employees like humans. We have feelings that you need to think about and not just about yourself and how you can save a dollar.

information coordinator

Former Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good pay, stable hours, no weekends, and employees are awesome and helpful

Cons

where do i start with the cons, they lead a sense of false hope management acts as if they care in the interview but when you actually start your treated worse than her dog. They are rude and expect so much and give you so little. Employees all hate their job but love their coworkers. The management tries to break up ties with co workers.

My friend started and in two days was fired after she moved from another state for the job because they weren't ready to hire people after she signed hired papers.

consider taking your head out your butts and care for your hard working employees and stop delivering a false sense of hope to new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for MedExpert