Medical Treatment Coordinator

Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Medical Coordinator in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros: Schedule Mon- Fri, casual dress

Cons

Cons: - Projects are very unorganized that at first have a goal, however always fall apart because they never listen to their team or employees -There is an okay group of coworkers however management is horrible...it consist of a family (These people are pretty wealthy and treat people who are not as wealthy as them as insignificant bugs) -They do not care about their employees and they can keep a pretty good facade up about how much they do. However when they cannot suck you dry anymore and do not care to train or move you up. They will treat you worse than their pets dogs they bring in the office everyday. They are a health company, however they do not have any healthcare benefits, no sick days, no vacation, no paid time off, and they offer tons of soda and gatorade to slowly poison you. Like crack in a slave shop to keep us working. - They make you clock out when you want to use the restroom (Illegal) -They cheat you of your time - They are constantly saying because there is Personal Health Information that you cannot use your phone inside the building. However they are constantly on their phones. -Immediately when I was hired, tons of employee had quit their jobs (warning sign) -High turnover -They cuss and scream and demean their employees -The HR even left the company -They lie to the government about the work they are doing there -they use their lower management as pawns to do the dirty work - they do not treat people with respect at all - the company has been around almost 10 years and still doesn't have it together -only work here if you really really really need the money and if you can find another place in 3 months. I dont think you will be able to take much more.

Advice to Management

It is better to treat your employee's with respect and to give them opportunities. That way you employees will want to work for you and the company will succeed. At this point most employees are just working for a paycheck and are actively looking for another position. Get HR and do not manipulate them either, they are their to support your employees. Respect the laws or else you could be sued sooner or later and then you will have no company at all. I am now at a biopharmaceutical company that treats employee with so much respect and encourages innovation, originality, development, discover. Provides employees with all benefits and more, tons of healthy food and free health snacks (whole foods status) and cooked breakfast and lunch in a beautiful cafeteria. We are never micromanaged and can go to the bathroom as many times as we please. We also have internet and are able to have phones and food at our desk.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

MUST READ!!! Bad Experience at Medexpert.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free soda. Oh, don't drink too much, you have to clock out for using restrooms.

Cons

From professional perspective: 1, Projects are not interesting, they don't use any new technologies, and the engineering team manager doesn't know Engineering at all!!! Can you imagine that? 2, The management told engineers ' hey, don't waste your time on testing your code, we don't need it'. After they will come back and yell that why bugs are there!!! 3, As an engineer, you can not utilize your skills and education background, because some non-engineer people will tell you how to write your code. 4, There is a time, all engineers left the company. So now, all new hired engineers have less than 16 months experience in this company. 5, If you are a junior, don't expect learning anything from this company, they have only ONE senior engineer. 6, If you are a senior, you can find a job easily in valley, why waste your time here? From company culture: 1, I heard CEO says that "F" word everyday to his employees. Again, can you imagine that? 2, Camera are hanging on your head, so don't pick your nose, people can see you. 3, NO personal cellphones, NO personal bags, NO food on your desk. 4, Don't use your computer to check tech news, it's not allowed and your computer is monitored. 5, Don't say anything in the company, the management force some people to be informer. 6, The job is not stable, they fire you or change your job status every minute they want without any benefits.. 7, Oops, all HR left, I think they know the CA labor code better, and they don't want to against the law. Summery: It's a family owned company, all management are family members. The only rule to survive in this company is kiss this family's ass.

Advice to Management

You don't want your employees to against you, then respect them. You want your system more robust, do it yourself OR listen to your employee and respect them. You want to grow your company, stop lying and get a better reputation. You think people will work harder if you monitor their computers and put cameras on their heads, You really think so? Engineers can put a bug in your code, and make the system crash at a specified time. They didn't because they have humanity, so please treat them like a human! You said you wanna help poor people, they why not start from respecting your own employees. Stop lying to the government. Stop lying to your interviewee. Stop lying to the labor union. Stop lying to the Glassdoor reviewers. Stop Lying!!!

Micromanagement crazy!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert (Less than a year)

Pros

Most employees were really nice. They offer free drinks and every now and then buy lunch. And sometimes flexible (cux they don't offer pto anyways)

Cons

I need an entire page for this section...they micromanage you to death ..Every thing needs to be controlled to what you do even what you say. No sense of liberty to enjoy doing your job without being watched from every corner. The atmosphere was uncomfortable ..ALL and I mean ALL Employees in EVERY dept were unhappy! CEO belittles employees and no understanding of how to face employee issues in a legal or professional manner. They tried to enforce illegal rules like clock out for bathroom use. That didn't go so well..obviously. monitor everywhere you are in the building through your swipes..last time I checked I was working for a medical info company not in JAIL. And like what was said on another post..sometimes are required to lie to clients and they want so much and give us so little resources. I myself have been lied to my management and when I found out the truth..it made my time there eve. more depressing. Also no sense of job security whatsoever! NO PAID DAYS OFF...NO PAID VACA..NO HEALTH BENEFITS AND THIS IS A MEDICAL COMPANY!! The credit they say they give you towards your health care insurance cost is bogus If you have more then just yourself to cover.

Advice to Management

Take a class on CEO behavior, How to manage a company, How to respect your employees, Also study Legal employer practices ....just go back to school PERIOD .