There are newer employer reviews for MedExpress Urgent Care

Flexible schedule. Management needs improvement.

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time

Pros

If you like working 12 hour shifts 3 days a week, this is a great place to work. Depending on your manager, they can be very flexible with your schedule, allowing for a good work/life balance. Most of the employees are very friendly.

Cons

They changed the structure of management recently. Now each clinic has one manager over everyone. It used to be that one manager was in charge of the front desk and the nurse was in charge of the clinical staff. Now it seems that the manager doesn't understand the clinical side of things. For example, the front desk tends to be over-staffed, while the back clinical staff is left with less people than needed, even on busy days.

Staff each clinic appropriately to avoid having patients upset with increased waiting times,

58 Other Employee Reviews for MedExpress Urgent Care (View Most Recent)

Chaos in the middle ranks, greed and thirst for power in the higher ranks.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The average employee is passionate about the company and the mission to provide compassionate care.

Cons

Greed and thirst for power has created a toxic atmosphere in the upper ranks of the company. With all of the posturing, no one is driving the company, therefore it is chasing it's tail while the competition is moving along.

Someone needs to take control of the direction of the company, but as long as everyone is afraid to speak up, it will never happen.

The worst position i ever held, I felt like a slave...."

Former Employee - Provider in Williamsport, MD
    Former Employee - Provider in Williamsport, MD

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the staff and most of the Physicians were very helpful and kind. The nurses were great.

Cons

We were so busy seeing patients that most days we were unaable to get breaks either for lunch or dinner. we had to drink and eat whatever we could grab at our computer.We were seeeing 45-48 patients a day, which became overwhelming and unsafe as far as patient care. Many patients were well beyond the scope of urgent care, requiring a much higher levl of evaluation and treatment causing a lot of conflict and tie ups in the clinic, as patients refused to see primary care providers. On many occassions patients came in after 8:30 PM in droves, and although we were supposed to close at 9:00 PM, we often were seeing patients until 10:00 PM or even 11:00 PM and the company povided no further reimbursement for those extended hours. They provided no sick time, vacation time, or Bereavement time, unless the workers worked extra hours and Ban ked the time to use later.
    roviders often worked sick as there was no one to cover and we often worked with a "skeleton staff". They often told us they would add another provider after we wer seeing more than 45 patients a day, but that never happened. We went home fatigued and returned fatigued the next day because we often had to work three or four 12+ hours in a row. There were many people working in positions (axillary help) that were not educated to perform procedures, etc.. becaus they were X -Ray techs not trained for medicine. There was only one RN that worked each shift, who spent most of her time filling scripts for patients. It was very difficult to find help if a provider needed it.

Wake up and SEE the problems before legal problems hit you in the face. Stop hiring indiviulas who are not educated for the job. Remember nurses are educated to give medications, not X-Ray techs, medical assistants, or Paramedics.

There are newer employer reviews for MedExpress Urgent Care