There are newer employer reviews for MedImmune

More Dysfunctional Than Most

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Gaithersburg, MD
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at MedImmune as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

There is a commitment to delivering repeatable, supportable services and solutions within the operations of the company.

Cons

However, Sales Operations leadership can't blow their noses without consulting Accenture and bullies their support and services organizations for their inability to deliver. If the company took all the money they spend on the Accenture's and Deloitte's of this world and poured it into building a first rate services and support organization, and then EMPOWERED those teams, then Sales Operations wouldn't keep on making the stupid, expensive decisions they make.

Perform an audit of the Sales Operations organization and don't hire any existing external vendors to perform the audit.

188 Other Employee Reviews for MedImmune (View Most Recent)

Disappointed

Current Employee - Scientist I  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at MedImmune full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NONE that I can think of at this moment

Cons

This company has utter disrespect for employee safety, especially during Hurricane Sandy. This storm is described as "unprecedented," "catastrophic," "deadly," etc. MD and DC are under states of emergencies and local and government officials are warning residents not to travel unless absolutely necessary. All schools, local and FEDERAL governments are closed. Metro and bus service is suspended. Yet MedImmune remains open. We must use vacation if we do not travel to work in these potentially dangerous conditions and wind gusts.
    Money, not safety, is their top priority. In 2011, when the DC area was hit by a 5.8 earthquake, MedImmune employees were told, "For future reference, and unless otherwise notified by EHS Personnel, employees should not evacuate their buildings." We were told to keep working, while government was encouraging employees to evacuate and stay safe.
    In a recent employee satisfaction survey, employee engagement has significantly dropped. MedImmune needs to take these results seriously and realise that employees are not satisfied with the leadership running this organisation and the poor descions being made.
    I have never worked at an establishment where my safety was put into jeopardy for their financial gain. Working from home is not an option for those of us in R&D
    Lastly, I'd like to state that the employee emergency hotline has yet to be updated today, when our state is under an emergency declaration. I have to leave my children home alone and travel to work, where absolutely nothing will get done today.
    The complete lack of leadership at this organisation in making this judgement call is staggeringly disappointing

Put employee safety first

Leading Biotech Company that cares about making a change in people's lives

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst II  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst II in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at MedImmune full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Close to home, competitive compensation, great people to work with.

Cons

Communication gap between departments and corporate.

None.

There are newer employer reviews for MedImmune

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!