MedImmune
www.medimmune.com Gaithersburg, MD 5000+ Employees

Okay but not great

I have been working at MedImmune

ProsMedImmune has good prospects and a dynamic work environment. A lot of people care about doing work that helps patients.

ConsFairly political environment with poor functional management and lack of 360 feedback results in an environment that disengages good/great employees.Development of managers and future leaders and managers is nearly non-existent. Current senior leaders seem to want to micromanage all decisions. Opportunities for lateral moves are also just not there leaving lower level employees feeling that there is no where for them to go at MedImmune. Reward and recognition for good work is very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a 360 process throughout MedImmune. That might encourage some managers to care about doing a better job on managing down rather than up.

A testing place to work at a difficult time for the sector

London, England (UK)

I have been working at MedImmune full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some of the people are brilliant. Cons: Silos - organisations (AZ and MedImmune), geography (California, Gaithersburg, Cambridge),… Advice to Senior Management: Some brilliant people, so make sure you get the best… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Disappointing realities of dysfunction inside a local success story

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MedImmune full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Mission is motivating Compensation is well above market even though expectations… Cons: Incredibly bureaucratic throughout IT viewed as overhead/cost center in a technology company;… Advice to Senior Management: Stop wasting time and complete the roll up of G&A functions to AZ. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MedImmune.

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedImmune reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MedImmune CEO Bahija Jallal. All reviews posted anonymously by MedImmune employees.