Lost in transition

Current Employee - Associate Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD
Current Employee - Associate Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at MedImmune full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pays well, nice, improving campus, trying to make work/life balance better

Cons

Company is still transitioning including leadership who are out of touch with their employees and are throwing money at trying to change the culture

Advice to Management

Continue to work to build a better culture by hiring the right people and better connecting with your employees

reviews filtered by

It's who you know...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at MedImmune full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong, profitable organization with great benefits and beautiful headquarters.

Cons

Management from imploding AZ HQ brought in to ruin the MedImmune culture. Organization is top heavy, and there's lots of place to hid.

Advice to Management

If your team members have been at the company for more than 10 or 12 years, then they are most likely riding a wave that will crash, like Delaware did. So where are the fresh, great innovators you said you wanted to lead, to really lead, the company to new levels of discovery and commercialization? Go and find them...

Medimmune is a great company going through the normal pains from acquisition.

I worked at MedImmune

Pros

Innovation and drive towards the mission. The people are very smart and care. Salary and benefits are outstanding.

Cons

AZ heavy hand and lack of decisive decision and actions. Lack of internal promotion. Leadership turnover as a result of AZ restructuring. AZ's management style has been a challenge. Only time will tell if they will have a positive or negative impact on Medi's pipeline capability.

Advice to Management

Figure our what you want and get it done.