MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center

www.medstarhealth.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center

One of the places to work

Current Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD
Current Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employee's are great and trhat makes for a great team to work with

Cons

Hospital across the country are money problems

If the employee's can not get a rise management should not take one either

16 Other Employee Reviews for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center (View Most Recent)

I had a wonderful experience at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center until, I was fired over the phone.

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD

I worked at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, appreciative of the opportunity, organized with all administrative duties, warm welcome when I was hired.

Cons

needs up to date software for all systems & units, wish HR department handled my termination in a better manner, no proper explanation during termination process, needs more diversity.

I would like to advise that there be more diversity and more professionalism from Supervisors in departments when it comes to termination of employees. If the former employee has a valid explanation with proper documentation there should not be a termination. Especially, if a meeting is held specifically in their former department of employment upholding that employee to a standard that they've kept. No one who is fresh from school & having the opportunity of an entry level position should be wrongfully terminated due to an illness they cannot control.

RN, full time Med/Surg

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

On most Med-Surg there is only a 1 on call shift requirement per six weeks and only every third weekend required.

Cons

Staffing has not been great for over a year. Often working one or two nurses short. Frequently extra units are opened in the main parts of the hospital that were closed when the patient tower was opened. These units take from the tower units to staff. Many CNA's are unpleasant to work with and often missing from their assigned areas.

There does not feel like floor nurses are supported. Many of the retention reasons are gone (bonuses, nurses gala, many events of nurses week).

There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center