MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center

www.medstarhealth.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center

I have been with MFSMC for about 5 years, but with MedStar Health for nearly 9 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD

I have been working at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

MedStar offers great benefits with plenty of time off. Staff are mostly friendly and professional. HR really cares about the employee satisfaction. Lots of perks are offered: picnics, give-aways, fun contests. The new tower is nice.

Cons

Management does a poor job of firing poor performers (had a person in our department for 4.5 years before she finally resigned on her own. She shouldn't have made it past her 90 day eval.) The hospital as a whole really only recognizes our nursing department for good work but preaches team work and the SPIRIT values. Too many mico-managers.

(Also, to the moron that posted about pharmacy department sucking: we know who you are and we are THRILLED that you're not longer here. You are the worst pharmacy technician in Maryland.)

Fire poor performers, enforce attendance policies.. basically: practice what you preach.

16 Other Employee Reviews for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center (View Most Recent)

One of the places to work

Current Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD
    Current Employee - Day Shift Supervisor (OIC) in Rosedale, MD

Pros

Employee's are great and trhat makes for a great team to work with

Cons

Hospital across the country are money problems

If the employee's can not get a rise management should not take one either

I had a wonderful experience at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center until, I was fired over the phone.

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Nottingham, MD

I worked at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, appreciative of the opportunity, organized with all administrative duties, warm welcome when I was hired.

Cons

needs up to date software for all systems & units, wish HR department handled my termination in a better manner, no proper explanation during termination process, needs more diversity.

I would like to advise that there be more diversity and more professionalism from Supervisors in departments when it comes to termination of employees. If the former employee has a valid explanation with proper documentation there should not be a termination. Especially, if a meeting is held specifically in their former department of employment upholding that employee to a standard that they've kept. No one who is fresh from school & having the opportunity of an entry level position should be wrongfully terminated due to an illness they cannot control.

There are newer employer reviews for MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center