MedStar Health Research Institute
www.medstarresearch.org Hyattsville, MD 150 to 499 Employees

Wasted potential.

Washington, DC

I have been working at MedStar Health Research Institute

ProsThe Scientific Director is an outstanding leader and colleague. The Institute constantly gets input from employees on how satisfied they are with the Institute and what suggestions they have to improve the Institute.

ConsLack of resources, overworked and overburdened employees, lack of parking options, ignorance of nursing staff on research and its demands, lack of professional growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a position for a regulatory specialist-CRCs spend too much time doing this job. Dedicate resources for research-laboratory staff, equipment, ancillary supplies. Obligate nursing staff to get minimal education on research-nurses consistently fail to document IP administration and in many instances, fail to administer IP at all. More staff should be hired in the Contracts Office and at the IRB-the staff is seriously overburdened. Consider allowing central IRB review of Phase III and Phase IV trials to expedite internal IRB reviews and approvals.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at MedStar Health Research Institute

Pros: Senior Leadership listens to ideas Great Co Workers Nice benefits and competitive… Cons: Office space is limited for those in the field but… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great if you don't stay too long

I have been working at MedStar Health Research Institute

Pros: Amazing Doctors learning curve greatly increased Good experience to add to resume Cons: Management does not care about their staff Lack of respect Management crosses… Advice to Senior Management: change management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MedStar Health Research Institute.

Worked for MedStar Health Research Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MedStar Health Research Institute reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by MedStar Health Research Institute employees.